Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RandomNinjaAtk
  1.    #1  
    I bet no. :mad:

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFoodScience View Post
    They offer visual VM on WP7 LTE devices like the Lumia 900 and Titan 2 so I would say there is a really good chance it will work on WP8 devices.
    Thanked by:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by phirefly View Post
    They offer visual VM on WP7 LTE devices like the Lumia 900 and Titan 2 so I would say there is a really good chance it will work on WP8 devices.
    I'm still running an old Samsung Focus w/ 3G and never had the option though it was speculated to come at some point... but never seemed to happen. Big thanks for letting me know that it is available to some on ATT!

Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    They already do for wp7

they already support it. but they only enable it now for 4g lte devices. don't ever expect it on a phone that is not 4g lte (iphone is the exception)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk556 View Post
    they already support it. but they only enable it now for 4g lte devices. don't ever expect it on a phone that is not 4g lte (iphone is the exception)
    AT&T offered VVM on Blackberry since at least 4th quarter 2010. I had it on a 9700. No current Blackberry devices support LTE.

I also have VVM on my Nokia Lumia 900.

I would expect that the VVM feature would be available on any new smartphones, since all of the new devices coming to AT&T are LTE devices.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I had been wanting this feature, however since I get VVM with Google Voice and one of the many third party apps, I no longer need it. Also I like the fact that I can have Google Voice transcribe the email. It may not be perfect, but it is great when I am in a meeting and I cannot listen to the voice-mail. If AT&T does have it with the new WP8 devices I will have to see what I prefer. To use Google Voice for VVM, you do not need a Google Voice phone number.

I just enabled it on my Lumia 920 so yes WP8 does have have VVM

You can always set up a youmail.com account and download the magikmail app from the WP store. I started using youmail when I had my blackberry a few years ago. I am on my fourth smartphone with the same account (blackberry, android, and windows phone) with no issue. All of my settings have stayed the same, no new greeting, etc. Plus, if I am going to be without service I can have my voicemails sent to an e-mail account.

Its a pretty slick service.
    My smartphone history.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFoodScience View Post
    yes they do... when i activated my new 920 they specifically asked me if i wanted this feature activated, when i asked if there was a charge she said no, i elected not to at this time but they do in fact offer it
    My original Samsung Focus didn't. After activating my Red Lumia 920 with AT&T via the instructions, it still didn't have visual voicemail. So I contacted AT&T technical support via web chat and the problem was that I was using a data plan that wasn't offered anymore. So he didn't make any changes to my plan but he was able to get my phone switched to using visual voicemail.

So if your new phone for whatever reason does not have visual voicemail, just contact support and they can resolve it for you.
    "Live to Win!"
    XBL-GT: RandomNinjaAtk
    www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
    www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    They do have it for the 920. I enabled it and its free.

Quote Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post
    They do have it for the 920. I enabled it and its free.
    Ditto...
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
    My wife and I both have Nokia 920s and the Visual Voicemail messages are ridiculously quiet. The volume is OK when using the speaker phone, but is way too quiet when just listening through the normal speaker. Is anyone else having this issue on different phones? Several others have commented on having the same issue with their 920s, so I'm wondering if this is an AT&T issue, a WP8 issue, or a Nokia issue.

I have it enabled on my 920 but haven't had a chance to try it yet. With everyone texting these days I rarely get a voicemail now.

Global Posts
    1,361 Global Posts
    I'm running it on my 820 and it works just as well as it did on my iPhones. No problems
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    I have it on my 920 too.