Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Laura Knotek
  • 1 Post By Laura Knotek

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Data Sense will be on Verizon when they launch their WP8 devices on November. AT&T and T-Mobile will get it on 2013. How did Verizon pull this off? I thought AT&T was the "premier partner"? I guess that only applies to hardware, huh?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Good question, was wondering that watching the launch yesterday. Throwing them a bone over the 920 thing? Maybe their network is more ready for it depending on what's involved with making it work?

Carriers probably aren't too eager to embrace something that could potentially cost them money.
    Aww, I thought Data Sense was something that would be available immediately in all the phones. Oh well, if I get the Lumia 810, I'll be able to monitor my data and usage in general easily thanks to a feature they include in all their phones.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Data Sense will be on Verizon when they launch their WP8 devices on November. AT&T and T-Mobile will get it on 2013. How did Verizon pull this off? I thought AT&T was the "premier partner"? I guess that only applies to hardware, huh?
    It will probably be on AT&T within a few months. Not really seeing the big deal. Verizon probably just put a team together to get it to work with their network the soonest.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    Maybe their network is more ready for it depending on what's involved with making it work?
    I think it might be just that, stmav.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    AT&T appears awfully uninterested for a "premiere carrier."
    How does that benefit AT&T? It is in AT&T's interest if consumers exceed monthly allowances and have to pay overage charges. It does not surprise me that a carrier is in no rush to add a feature that prevents making more money.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    AT&T claims the limits aren't to make money, but to preserve rare and precious spectrum! You mean you're skeptical?!? ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    AT&T claims the limits aren't to make money, but to preserve rare and precious spectrum! You mean you're skeptical?!? ;)
    Of course I'm skeptical. AT&T also instituted bandwidth caps on its DSL plans. DSL does not share any bandwidth with other customers the way cable Internet does; therefore, bandwidth caps on DSL serve no purpose other than making more money.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

I'm happy that Verizon WP8 devices will get it. I have been wanting that since I got WP7