Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mister2d
  1. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,761 Global Posts
       #1  
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

  2. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,651 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,652 Global Posts
    #2  
    And ios too but not....WP7. :)
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  3. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    #3  
    It IS a great idea. Lure them into the ecosystem. Why do think there's a Windows version of iTunes (however crappy it is)?
  4. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,761 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    It IS a great idea. Lure them into the ecosystem. Why do think there's a Windows version of iTunes (however crappy it is)?
    I think that exclusively having this on windows phone would lure them in. If I'm an iPhone user that likes the latest apps but have been dying to use my Zune pass on it, why would I switch?
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

  5. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,651 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,652 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    It IS a great idea. Lure them into the ecosystem. Why do think there's a Windows version of iTunes (however crappy it is)?

    Because there were far more Windows users when it was launched. Haven't heard of any great exodus to Macs just because of itunes on Windows. You'll get a few but no great numbers and that's what will happen with all these MS services, people will use them on their preferred platform and won't move because they don't have to, especially when their current ecosystem has everything else they need.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  6. dalydose's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    324 Posts
    #6  
    This is dumb and another example of how Microsoft would rather sell to the other platforms than boost up their own. Heck, I might as well get an Android device. All of the Microsoft goodies will eventually get there anyway. Ridiculous.

    PLUS, the only platform they are excluding is Windows Phone 7. Awesome.
  7. based_graham's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    626 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dalydose View Post
    This is dumb and another example of how Microsoft would rather sell to the other platforms than boost up their own. Heck, I might as well get an Android device. All of the Microsoft goodies will eventually get there anyway. Ridiculous.

    PLUS, the only platform they are excluding is Windows Phone 7. Awesome.
    No it's not its called a business and it can even act as a Trojan horse to convince people to use Microsoft products instead of Apple's.

    The more products you can shove in-front of IOS users the better the higher chances they might potentially take to move over.
  8. Menzlo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I think that exclusively having this on windows phone would lure them in. If I'm an iPhone user that likes the latest apps but have been dying to use my Zune pass on it, why would I switch?
    They don't want people with current music pass subs. They want people who don't have them. One of the biggest drawbacks highlighted in the comments of The Verge is that Xbox isn't multiplatform, so users with multiple ecosystems aren't compelled to switch over.
  9. based_graham's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    626 Posts
    #9  
    Our goal as Microsoft fans is to represent Xbox Music so that one day its bigger than iTunes that's the end goal. I don't care what platform its on as long as its better than iTunes cause I am dead tired of hearing about it when other services are better.
  10. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,651 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,652 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by based_graham View Post
    No it's not its called a business and it can even act as a Trojan horse to convince people to use Microsoft products instead of Apple's.



    The more products you can shove in-front of IOS users the better the higher chances they might potentially take to move over.

    No one will move over to WP when their current platforms have MS services on top of the advantages they already have in apps and ecosystem. The Trojan horse strategy won't work for MS when it hasn't worked for apple with the millions of iphone and ipod users who still use Windows pc's.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  11. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,817 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    #11  
    So... Microsoft release this stuff. People won't switch because they have access to Microsoft services from their current phones.
    Microsoft don't release this stuff. People don't experience the services, don't switch as a result...

    Damned if they do, damned if they don't...

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
  12. mister2d's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    #12  
    Microsoft doesn't care if you switch from Android or not. IOS or not. This about making money.

    Heck, depending on what company you buy your droid from, they are already getting a royalty for that too from the patent lawsuits

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    aubreyq likes this.

Posting Permissions