Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    This is something that just occured to me. Microsoft always comes out with dates for big events and after a few days you also hear Google planning an event on that same day; time and location may vary though. For example; Google released the soo called Motorola Droids the same day Microsoft talked about Windows Phone 8...I think a couple of months ago. Now Microsoft has planned Windows Phone 8 launch on October 29th and as you all know from last week, Google has also planned to release the next Nexus on that same day....Now is this a coincidence or Foul play??

Foul play in a sense to divide the number of techies who will attend these events....as you know these two giant companies don't go along very well (Google being too stingy with Microsoft and even refusing to release offical apps for Windows Phone.....and what pains me a lot is Microsoft always taking care of them by releasing beautiful apps and better servicies to Android)....but this is a different discussion alltogether.

What do you think??
    Last edited by kenzibit; 10-13-2012 at 04:21 AM.

...because there are the trolls of the tech world, having Eric Schmidt as chairman speaks for it self, the jack *** of the tech industry
    aubreyq, willied and soulzero like this.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I don't think Google does anything by accident
    Villain likes this.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    It's just the way the tech world works. It's basically overtaken and run by the low class, no class geeks, nerds and techies that got picked on, made fun of, and beat up in school. They brought in a kind of Gorilla warfare into the marketplace and replaced the suit and tie wearing industry personnel that once ran the business. Think about the rise and fall of I.B.M. The suits were over run by the shorts and flip flops. Microsoft eventually became one of the suits and Google is still trying to run it's business as one of the shorts and flip flops. Apple, well, they are a suit, but it's more like a casual Friday kind of mentality at the home office.
    aubreyq and kenzibit like this.

Why shouldn't they? Its a multi billion dollar industry, and google want the prime slice.

If anything its a good sign that google are showing WP enough attention to want to try and take the sparkle off it.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
    kenzibit likes this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    They are just trying to steal Microsoft's thunder, plain and simple. Also, because they're douchebags ;)
    eric12341 likes this.

To be fair Microsoft has sued pretty much every Android OEM, so it's not exactly one sided.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,397 Global Posts
    Basically, by having their event on the same day, Google, being the big number, gets all the attention. Windows is then left to be forgotten about. They know of the threat of WP. They don't want it overtaking Android, they want it dead, pure and simple. No attention for MS means much less sales for WP, which means less dev attention, which means people turn away from WP, which means the platform gets killed off by MS, which means Google then turn to BB10 to stop it coming into the big light, which means RIM then kills off BB10, which they then turn to stop Apple, and fail hilariously. They want the monopoly in the mobile phone world.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I don't think Google does anything by accident
    Dave you really think so? For me I see it this way; Google hates everything about Microsoft because Microsoft is their prime competitor although they don't wanna make it clear enough to be known and always talking about Apple. Google tried and achieved everything Microsoft had when they came into the Tech industry:

For example:
    When Google came, there was Bing yet still they challenged it and introduced Google search.
    There was Internet explorer and they introduced Chrome browser.
    Now, Windows Phone : Of course Google finds it a threat, a pretty big one. After Samsung lost the battle with apple, Google is kinda scared that their biggest client, Samsung, might go around and make more WP instead. There is also the nostalgic popularity of Nokia, which did come back in play with the Lumia line.

So google does try to minimize the impact of Microsoft over its domains as much as possible.
    Sometimes too, I think Microsoft SLEPT too much and ignored a lot of these Google challenges for some of these Google products to overun them...and now they are waking up.
    Last edited by kenzibit; 10-13-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Seems pretty hollow anyways. Microsoft is about to release WP8, RT Tablets, Windows 8 and their entire ecosystem. That is massive.

Google is releasing a phone the same day.

Yeah - I'm not too worried.
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 10-13-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: not needed bypassing the curse filter
    My next phone...
    aubreyq likes this.
    How many times has it worked though? Look at the Motorola announcement in September... Nobody cared because everyone was busy looking at Nokia. Only Samsung has enough clout to overshadow others.
    eric12341 and aubreyq like this.

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
    It's just the way the tech world works. It's basically overtaken and run by the low class, no class geeks, nerds and techies that got picked on, made fun of, and beat up in school. They brought in a kind of Gorilla warfare into the marketplace and replaced the suit and tie wearing industry personnel that once ran the business. Think about the rise and fall of I.B.M. The suits were over run by the shorts and flip flops. Microsoft eventually became one of the suits and Google is still trying to run it's business as one of the shorts and flip flops. Apple, well, they are a suit, but it's more like a casual Friday kind of mentality at the home office.
    Exactly and since Google's Android is an Open source, a lot of flip flops will join and this is exactly what is bound to happen. I like your analogy... :)

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinleeds View Post
    Basically, by having their event on the same day, Google, being the big number, gets all the attention. Windows is then left to be forgotten about. They know of the threat of WP. They don't want it overtaking Android, they want it dead, pure and simple. No attention for MS means much less sales for WP, which means less dev attention, which means people turn away from WP, which means the platform gets killed off by MS, which means Google then turn to BB10 to stop it coming into the big light, which means RIM then kills off BB10, which they then turn to stop Apple, and fail hilariously. They want the monopoly in the mobile phone world.
    EXCELLENT PONTS Paladinleeds and that's exactly what I see happening and thus Google choosing Microsoft days of events and causing low attention because if you are not a real Windows Phone lover and fan, I doubt you'll even read Windows phone news how much more attend WP events. Google then steals and stops potential developers from going to MS events (Google knows developers going to MS events will make them excited about the OS and make them wanna try and develop for it....and Google knows if developers develop for WP OS, they'll love it and wanna stay with the OS and leaving Android for good) So it's better to stop these developers or steal half of them from going to WP events in the first place.
    Last edited by kenzibit; 10-13-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Seems pretty hollow anyways. Microsoft is about to release WP8, RT Tablets, Windows 8 and their entire ecosystem. That is massive.

Google is releasing a phone the same day.

Yeah - I'm not too worried.
    Yeah you have a good point there but I bet you, just a Google phone release will prevent some people from going to the MS event. And you know what, it's not just a phone, it's a Nexus...their pure line for their developers and you know how Android die-hard fanboys are, it's kinda difficult to distract them from Android....they are too attracted and attched to it like it's their life support. Anyway we just hope Microsoft succeeds. :)

What is Gorilla warfare?
    kenzibit and aniym like this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Because why not?
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    What is Gorilla warfare?
    That's when everyone is trying to get the best Gorilla glass I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    That's when everyone is trying to get the best Gorilla glass I think
    lol
    I think they meant gUErrilla warfare... *facepalm*

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Google targets Microsoft at every opportunity, while sending their CEO forth to claim that Microsoft isn't important or even on their radar.

Read between the lines. ;)

The people who run Google have some kind of insecurity when it comes to their competitors. From their tech talks and device unveilings I get the impression that they are afraid of Windows Phone taking some of their market share. I used to be active on an Android forum and the fans had a very similar attitude as well.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Yeah, there's a large number of Apple and Android partisans who troll WP articles and forums. They don't do the same for BB or Symbian or webOS, which tells me there's some insecurity amongst the "true believers."

One of the more annoying things is how any coverage or comment about Apple that is less than fawning is decried by The Horde as "Apple-bashing," but if an article runs with factual inaccuracies bashing Microsoft, any effort to respond with facts is dismissed as "hyper-sensitive Microsoft fanboys."

And then there are the online tech articles that start off with sentences like "Let's face it, there's no sector of the tech marketplace that Apple hasn't completely transformed with revolutionary innovations, and..." or "It's no secret that Google is in it to win it with its latest cool idea..." or "It's common knowledge that Microsoft has been irrelevant in technology for a while, the question is, will Windows 8 and its associated products be able to slow down its inevitable catastrophic collapse?"

Meh, whatever. Tech media lives in an alternate universe where Macs and iOS have 100% marketshare and everyone is a metrosexual hipster living in the Mission. :P

Global Posts
    3,748 Global Posts
    WP8 is part of a new ecosystem. What is there on the nexus that is so new they couldn't catch up on it later? Most send multiple people to events these days, bloggers are a dime a dozen. So two or three go to each one instead of 4 or 6. Don't think it's that big of a deal.

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    What is Gorilla warfare?
    Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants use military tactics, such as ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, the element of surprise, and extraordinary mobility to harass a larger and less-mobile traditional army, or strike a vulnerable target, and withdraw almost immediately.

Smart mlm1950 :)

This is a cutthroat industry. Any of the big three will do whatever it takes to steal thunder from any of the others. It really makes no difference outside of our world (phone enthusiast) because the average phone customer could care less about tech articles or reviews, they simply go into a Verizon store and say "ooh,I like the red one, does it have Facebook?" Android app developers will likely stay with android, at least until Microsoft gains more market share and proves itself to be a true competitor, which I am sure they eventually will. But right now I see Google's move to be not out of fear, but more out of just being a *****.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    aubreyq likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast