Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    Hey guys. The windiws phone OEM war is almost starting. And which OEM will reach to the top?

Samsung said they want to dominate wp by using their galaxy strategy. (I know surprising) iwth their samsung ativ S and most likely use Verizon and t-mobile to advertise the phone. And verizon's flagship model.
    Htc said they are going bug on wp and putting half of their focus into windows phone. And they are going to have a massive campaign on the 8s and 8X. They are going to multiple carriers and and t-mobile's advertised phone. advertising it.
    Nokia is going to use the 920 and advertise it much much more heavily with at&t joing them.

So which OEM is going to reach to the top of the mountain

AT&T are going to get the lumia 920 and has a massive launch with wp8 and windows 8. 920 as their flagship
    T-mobile will get the ativ S and 8X. But t-mobile will likely advertise the 8X
    Verizon will get the Samsung ativ S and 8X and most likely the 920 later. They will likely advertise the 8X and ativ s first then get the 920 next. Also they are going all in for windows phone. Since they need a third player and this is their opportunity to do so.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    IMO its either Samsung or Nokia.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    either Samsung or HTC... Nokia is shooting itself with limiting to exclusives.

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    either Samsung or HTC... Nokia is shooting itself with limiting to exclusives.
    It's a pity . But I do think the exclusive will last like 30 days at most

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    It's a pity . But I do think the exclusive will last like 30 days at most
    would be nice but personally I can't see it, people said the same thing about the lumia 900.

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    IMO its either Samsung or Nokia.

Yea. But Nokia and HTC are like clear enemies? So Nokia and htc are clearly in war

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    would be nice but personally I can't see it, people said the same thing about the lumia 900.
    No they didn't. That was some people. But this one is clearly obvious. That they are. But I doubt it would have the 920 name though. It would be a different phone with the same features as the 920
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 10-06-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    No they didn't. That was some people. But this one is clearly obvious. That they are. But I doubt it would have the 920 name though. It would be a different phone with the sales features as the 920
    You are just some people too. There is still absolutely no evidence to support your theory of a short exclusive. I'm not saying it won't happen, but there is no evidence either way right now.

I think HTC. Nokia is killing itself with poor choices, Samsung is more interested in creating their own ecosystem. If they were serious they would have announced more than one device.

HTC is in a position where it could be the next Samsung (really successful) or the next Nokia (on the verge of going under). If WP8 catches on, the 8X will have the wide availability and mass appeal to be the GSIII of Windows Phone.
    scottcraft likes this.

It should be Nokia but unfortunately they shot themselves... Im going with HTC
    Villain likes this.

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    You are just some people too. There is still absolutely no evidence to support your theory of a short exclusive. I'm not saying it won't happen, but there is no evidence either way right now.

I think HTC. Nokia is killing itself with poor choices, Samsung is more interested in creating their own ecosystem. If they were serious they would have announced more than one device.

HTC is in a position where it could be the next Samsung (really successful) or the next Nokia (on the verge of going under). If WP8 catches on, the 8X will have the wide availability and mass appeal to be the GSIII of Windows Phone.
    I find it likely that wp8 will catch on. Very good. It it's either the 920 or the 8X to be the s3 of windows phone. But Nokia doesn't do exclusives in other parts of the world. Then they are fine. But we should wait first.
    I'm going to have to say either hTC or Samsung in that order, lots of people I know seem to have something against Nokia and won't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    I find it likely that wp8 will catch on. Very good. It it's either the 920 or the 8X to be the s3 of windows phone. But Nokia doesn't do exclusives in other parts of the world. Then they are fine. But we should wait first.
    well the 920 is exclusive to rogers in canada
    The midrange battles will be the one to decide who stands on top of the mountain.

And for that, HTC and Nokia provides the 8S and the 820 which means it will be a battle between the 2 companies.

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    well the 920 is exclusive to rogers in canada
    But not in Europe, Asia and Oceania

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    But not in Europe, Asia and Oceania
    do we know that for sure?
    It will be Samsung for sure. Samsung is doing everything possible to put a chokehold on the phone market. They will flex their muscle sooner than later.

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    It will be Samsung for sure. Samsung is doing everything possible to put a chokehold on the phone market. They will flex their muscle sooner than later.
    They announced one, unexciting Windows Phone 8. It doesn't even look like they are trying to win the Windows Phone race. Android grew its market share on mid and low end devices, a space Samsung isn't even competing in for Windows Phone 8 at launch.

It will be HTC or Nokia, and my money is on HTC

Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    I'm going to have to say either hTC or Samsung in that order, lots of people I know seem to have something against Nokia and won't touch it with a 10ft pole.
    I'm the same way with Samsung.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Yea. But Nokia and HTC are like clear enemies? So Nokia and htc are clearly in war
    Then it's good competition.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    That's me. The past Symbian OS was enough to push people away.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Not they are not, Nokia just felt threatened by HTC be because their phones look alike. Also Nokia attacked Samsung also.

First with the dumb picket signs, then they had the ATIV on the list of "boring" phones at their L920 announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Not they are not, Nokia just felt threatened by HTC be because their phones look alike. Also Nokia attacked Samsung also.

First with the dumb picket signs, then they had the ATIV on the list of "boring" phones at their L920 announcement.
    It's a fine line between being threatened and being indignant at a design clearly inspired by what Nokia have done, so I don't blame you for feeling that Nokia feels so threatened by HTC.

Oh, and making fun of other companies isn't necessarily bad. PC vs Mac and Samsung's Next Big Thing ads are all done in a mocking way, but they worked. And somehow when Nokia is doing it, they are just blatantly attacking.

I will also note that both Samsung and HTC have products that are out that are competing directly with the WP lineup. Who throws the ad dollars and get the phones out in the spotlight more prominently will win this round of WP8. And when your attention are divided, where will you throw the ad dollars? I will also add that HTC isn't as big as Samsung and can't throw the ad dollars equally on both products.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I'm going to give my vote to HTC overall. I'm biased as I've stated in previous threads, all my devices through the years have been HTC built and I've never owned a pocket computer device built by any others. It just worked out that way.

But, looking at the other device makers, Samsung is doing far too much with Droid to give Windows serious consideration. HTC has a track record of producing really high quality Windows devices. Look at the Dell Axim x51v. the device was years ahead of ti's time at the time. They have the resources and technology still at hand to build outstanding devices that can blow the others out of the water.

Nokia, I just can't see them moving far if they continue to provide "exclusives". They are severely limiting their market and focusing on one, very small, market percentage. If they wanted to make the U.S. market something they can control, it would be by providing a device that works for every carrier out there. Then, with their "exclusive" apps, more people would be in THEIR market and want THEIR apps. That would increase THEIR profits.

I still just don't get the whole marketing debacle that has been Windows Phone from the beginning.

Global Posts
    2,755 Global Posts
    Nokia or possibly HTC. I say possibly because you have to MARKET a phone. You can't expect people to just buy colorful phones on a whim with no advertising
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Nokia by a country mile.

They are the only ones that NEED WP8. They've also created the flagship device. They'll target all their advertising at WP8, and their exclusives are with the only companies that are training their employees to understand and sell WP8.

Htc will come in next, the 8x is brilliantly priced, and the 8s, should be the cheapest wp8 device.

Other than the launch of the device, I've seen nothing about the Ativ s. Maybe Samsung are waiting, or maybe they just aren't bothered at all.
    snowmutt likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast