Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72
Like Tree87Likes
  1. steve_w_7's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    117 Posts
       #1  
    Between the horrid lack of pricing/release dates/carrier information and these Nokia "exclusivity" announcements, this whole thing is beginning to feel like a slow motion train wreck.

    Is it too early to call this a fiasco? New Coke, anyone???
    diego3336 likes this.
  2. #2  
    It's not the worst yet. Kin is even worse, not to mention the L900 when it made a bang at CES, only to be released a full 3 months later in US and in other countries even later.
  3. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,332 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,333 Global Posts
    #3  
    Yes, it is. I can barely eat or sleep just because I dont know the price or day I can buy a PHONE, I feel my life is over. :dry
  4. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #4  
    In terms of a product announcement, it's pretty dreadful.

    And "better than the Kin" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement either.

    And trust me, if you were a developer, carrier executive or Microsoft/Nokia stakeholder with a strong stake in the success of the Lumia range in the USA, you WOULD be losing sleep over the phone's unveiling.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    In terms of a product announcement, it's pretty dreadful.

    And "better than the Kin" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement either.

    And trust me, if you were a developer, carrier executive or Microsoft/Nokia stakeholder with a strong stake in the success of the Lumia range in the USA, you WOULD be losing sleep over the phone's unveiling.
    And it's still better than BB10 or WebOS. No ringing endorsement there either, but there you go.

    I just need this bloody phone out. Now. Then we can all complain about how heavy the thing is.
  6. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #6  
    Ouch!
  7. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #7  
    I'm actually kind of liking the way things are going. Come October 26th through the first week of November, they'll unveil a whole product line that should work extremely well together. I'll be able to upgrade to Windows 8 on my laptop, buy a Windows RT tablet, and then get a Windows Phone 8 device. Yeah, it's not fun to wait, but in the end I think it'll all be worth it.
  8. larrynj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    262 Posts
    #8  
    To me it's been fun. It's very easy to guess and be very close to what the price will be and when it will be released. At least here in the US. I've enjoyed reading all the information about the new phones and the little info on WP8. The hardest thing is trying to avoid all the whining and crying from so many people on here.

    “You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.”― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)
  9. gsquared's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,376 Posts
    #9  
    Seeing a lot of crying here but no suggestions. If you think you could do better send NOK / MSTF a resume. My opinion is you have no idea of the complexities, and COSTS associated with such a task.
  10. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #10  
    "If you can do it better, you'd be working at Nokia" is a lame argument.

    Chances are, if one can do it better, he's probably at Apple, Samsung, HTC or LG, all of whom have gotten things done faster and better than Nokia. And that's ultimately what counts -- Nokia isn't playing "be the expert versus the WP users," it's competing with companies who don't screw up half as often as they have.
  11. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    #11  
    Duke Nukem forever has that title buy a long shot.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Thanked by:
  12. tk-093's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,286 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,621 Global Posts
    #12  
    Microsoft is managing to release Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone 8, and their own Surface Tablet..... all at about the same time.....

    Yeah..... Worst. Rollout. Ever.
    Thanked by:
    sketchy9, aubreyq, HeyCori and 7 others like this.
  13. CJ Thunder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    543 Posts
    #13  
    It is pretty bad, rumors of a new nexus are floating around, lets see how long that takes to hit the shelves after an announcement.
  14. diaspar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #14  
    I don't know if it is the worst, but pretty bad indeed
  15. SnailUK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    944 Posts
    #15  
    Surely it would be far worse if Nokia had said nothing up until now, and waited for the wp8 launch.

    Whine all you like, but the fact everyone is soo annoyed at Nokia proves they've done an awful lot right, and most of the stuff they've got wrong is due to Microsoft or the carriers.
    Thanked by:
    cckgz4 
    theefman and cckgz4 like this.
  16. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,135 Posts
    #16  
    Quite honestly the only people I have seen complaining about this launch are people on Windows Phone forums with a "NOW NOW NOW!" attitude.

    If it was a real problem tech sites would have been dragging MS and Nokia through the mud about this launch, but the fact that everyone has high hopes for the 920 says otherwise.
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq and cckgz4 like this.
  17. BellaRed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    Surely it would be far worse if Nokia had said nothing up until now, and waited for the wp8 launch.

    Whine all you like, but the fact everyone is soo annoyed at Nokia proves they've done an awful lot right, and most of the stuff they've got wrong is due to Microsoft or the carriers.
    It is Nokia's product and ultimately they are responsible for it.... That said, we haven't seen the full picture yet but it seems messy.

    It seems that certain colours won't be available on some carriers or retailers. Nokia Italy for example seems to be only offering it online in Black and white (see blog post) no grey on AT+T and only black on Rogers. So everywhere you turn someone is disappointed somewhere.

    Maybe things will change later on.
  18. #18  
    If you've paid attention to any Nokia launches in the past 3-4 years they've all been like this. I wouldn't even call the 920 launch the worst of them.

    EDIT: Although I'm really really annoyed about my choice of colours being black, black, or black. Thanks Nokia, thanks Rogers.
  19. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,140 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Myleslinklater View Post
    If you've paid attention to any Nokia launches in the past 3-4 years they've all been like this. I wouldn't even call the 920 launch the worst of them.

    EDIT: Although I'm really really annoyed about my choice of colours being black, black, or black. Thanks Nokia, thanks Rogers.
    What does it have to do with Nokia? It was the carriers's decision
  20. nokia4life's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #20  
    I agree it's bad I have been waiting as well and it's not Nokia that's the issue Microsoft is running this show and roll out so let's put the blame on the right company.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    aubreyq likes this.
  21. nokia4life's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Myleslinklater View Post
    If you've paid attention to any Nokia launches in the past 3-4 years they've all been like this. I wouldn't even call the 920 launch the worst of them.

    EDIT: Although I'm really really annoyed about my choice of colours being black, black, or black. Thanks Nokia, thanks Rogers.
    I am sure they thank you as we'll since they got your money


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  22. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,140 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by nokia4life View Post
    I agree it's bad I have been waiting as well and it's not Nokia that's the issue Microsoft is running this show and roll out so let's put the blame on the right company.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    hmm you using a iphone 5 and your username is Nokia4life..........weird
    aubreyq likes this.
  23. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by nokia4life View Post
    I am sure they thank you as we'll since they got your money


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    They haven't got my money though. I'm not touching the black 920.
  24. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    What does it have to do with Nokia? It was the carriers's decision
    In 3 months when we get yellow and red we'll see about that, as seems to be the case with Nokia. I'm more inclined to believe that they just don't make enough of every colour to service every market at launch.
  25. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,596 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,140 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Myleslinklater View Post
    In 3 months when we get yellow and red we'll see about that, as seems to be the case with Nokia. I'm more inclined to believe that they just don't make enough of every colour to service every market at launch.
    well. I always think it's the carrier's request for it. maybe they wanted to give the multi colured phone to rogers. but decline because it doesn't fit their style
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B