Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    How many people have you convinced to get a Windows phone 8 device?
    me 121 people in my school alone and 100 people for my Job :). how many have you convinced. I'm very good at convincing people and very good at marketing and raising awareness
    None - yet.....
    I have spoken to a few on the advantages of a WP8 device, but until the phones have actually been released it is a bit hard to show people, seeing is believing or so they say.
  3. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    None - I don't do pushing - especially because if they don't like the platform you pushed them to, you look an *******.
    1jaxstate1 and AngryNil like this.

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I been quiet as a church mouse, I want all that WP8 goodness for myself.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    --
    "A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession."
    Albert Camus

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    2-3. A ccouple of close friends and their friends...

me? 1, my wife. which is a huge achivement!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    2-3. A ccouple of close friends and their friends...
    I really don't think anyone can beat 221 people who are waiting for wp8. I am skilled!! Yea Bro!!

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diaspar View Post
    me? 1, my wife. which is a huge achivement!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I know that feeling mate... :)

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    I really don't think anyone can beat 221 people who are waiting for wp8. I am skilled!! Yea Bro!!

Nothing beats that number. I give it to you... :P :excl: :D

Me of course, my girlfriend, 2 co-workers and 1 co-workers wife.
    My mother and stepfather. Convinced my brother to settle down and wait for Windows Phone 8 until making his decision on Samsung GS3 or the Lumia 920.

Umm thats about it, I would like to point out that my mother is a nearly 60 year old lady who does not know a thing about technology but she is in love with my Lumia 900 and I convinced her to buy the Lumia 920, even took her to see one in Helsinki and she absolutely fell in love with the red and yellow :)

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Nothing beats that number. I give it to you... :P :excl: :D
    I always thought adults were more promoting type. But It's always the youngsters :). well makes sense since adults have to work and being bored a lot and go home with their GF and do the (whistles) ;).

1- youngsters 0-adults

I just turned 16 last month

Got my brother, mom and dad to switch. I try not to push people into it, but if they ask my opinion then obviously its gonna be some sort of windows phone. If I ever meet an asian girl with a windows phone I might just marry her....haha.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgk1 View Post
    None - I don't do pushing - especially because if they don't like the platform you pushed them to, you look an *******.
    Definitely this. Back in the day I recommended a BlackBerry. She hates it and refuses to take my advice for phones ever again. We've lost her to iPhone.

Back on topic though. Got my dad to Windows Phone and he loves it.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    None officially. I am more into subliminal promoting, or educating. Showing off the finer points of WP7/8, without directly knocking the competition. If I can leave some doubt in a non-WP users mind, I have done my job.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    Zero, that's the OEM's job. All smartphones do the same thing for the most part. I believe it's call preference.
    ttsoldier likes this.

I think if Viggle was on WP8, my wife would've come over. Alas, she got Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket - which she isn't all that particularly happy with because she has to reboot it all the time (at least once a week).

My mom is getting my old WP after I get my Lumia 920...

The secretary at the church is very intrigued by WP now after seeing me use my Focus, as are some other pastors in the area....

I don't push, I just use it and let them decide for themselves. Though for my two very pro-Apple fans, just telling them about the super sensitive touch screen made them go 'Wow, that's awesome.'

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    None yet, but I've got a BB user at work excited about getting a 920. BB users should be the easiest to convince. RIM is circling the drain, and a lot of long-time BB fans are starting to admit it.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S

I've stopped recommending stuff to people, because if they dont like it they hold it against you as if you have manufactured the product and any of it's flaws are your fault.
    Thanked by:
    cgk 
    1jaxstate1 and cgk like this.

Global Posts
    3,468 Global Posts
    I don't convince people, I just recommend. You should take into account what the person need/want.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

when some people ask me to recommend something, I feel it is because they are not decisive enough and if it turns out to be a bad buy then they have someone to blame. Simple. :mad:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    What's to push? What does it do so much better than any other phone that makes it worth taking a risk that you have to live with for 2 years. If WP8 became totally symbiotic with Win 8 and everything on Windows looked the same on WP8, like it did with WP6, then it's worth a shot. Without that, why bother?

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I recommended the Commodore Amiga to lots of people. Unfortunately, the arrogance of the design engineers and or mgmt had them concentrate on Desktop Video only and ignored good worksheet and spreadsheet programs. People would have tried it and loved it if they had their base business programs but without them, anyone not needing to create Desktop Video ignored it. It was one of the best computers at the time. It was incredible for games but it needed both people who wanted to have fun and people who needed production for business. Windows is still king because so many business programs run on it and they do not run on Apples. IMac Windows simulation doesn't always work.

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    Three colleagues, my brother and a friend. Lumia 800/920(when it arrives)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    I always thought adults were more promoting type. But It's always the youngsters :). well makes sense since adults have to work and being bored a lot and go home with their GF and do the (whistles) ;).

1- youngsters 0-adults

I just turned 16 last month
    Nope...take my case. I TRIED really hard..(and believe me I did) to tell my dad what an awesome thing WP is...but alas...he chose Android...
    was showing him the Radar but he said its a v small screen.. I was like fine...whatever u like...

And Happy Birthday and best wishes for the 16th year... :)

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,725 Global Posts
    We're gonna ban corporate owned Android devices at work and the only choice will be iOS or WP8 so I'll force convert some people... muhahahahahaha. Plus with our Verizon corp contract we only do 1 year contracts on all devices except iPhone... Apple forces Verizon to do 2 year no matter what. 1 year versus 2 years.. its an easy pick.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast