Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I've been thinking about notifications on WP8 and how Live tiles are our notification center, and this is all well and good, but sometimes I'd like more information that a small tile gives me, but I also don't want to always have the tile full size. So here's my thought: What if you could pinch to zoom on tiles? It would be a two step process:
    1. Tap and drag down the tile (like you currently do to select a tile on Windows 8). This puts the focus on the tile you're interested in and would prevent inadvertent taps of other tiles.
    2. Then you put a second finger anywhere on the screen and pinch out (like you currently do to zoom in on a web page or map)
    This would expand the tile to full size (double wide) and it would give you all the info a full size tile would give you (for this mail example, the subject line, sender, and first few lines of the e-mail)

Then you can tap the tile to go into the app, or tap anywhere else, or pinch, to go back to the start screen. The tile returns to the normal size.

This way you only get the information that you care about, when you care about it, while still having just as much information on the start screen. Of course you can always have the three different sizes of tiles for apps that you always want the most up to date info at a glance, but this would add functionality to smaller tiles that might get updated less often and save having to go into apps for notifications you don't actually care about (spam e-mail for instance)

Thoughts?

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    82 views and no comments makes siah a sad panda. Just not feasible or what?

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    It's an interesting concept though I'm not sure how convenient it would be compared to a central notification center but who am I to say, I haven't tried either on WP8. Also if it is already the smallest size how would you do this effectively without either resizing it of moving it by accident. I could see that frustrating many including myself. But still a good idea so far.
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) --> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) --> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M)

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Or just tapping the tile to open the associated app. Think that might be faster.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Or just tapping the tile to open the associated app. Think that might be faster.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    It's hard to describe in text how fast this would be, but it'd be two taps and a pinch. Sometimes I don't want to leave my homescreen. Might be a good halfway point for those that want a notification center but aren't going to get it, apparently. :-\

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    To tell you the truth, doesn't seem to be a very user friendly solution.