Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Old_Cus

Global Posts
    1,166 Global Posts
    I just downloaded AroundMe app for iOS and it has way more in terms of categories of places compared to Local Scout. WP team better add a lot more to this hub if they want it compelling versus other platforms.

I agree. I wish I could narrow categories down better in local scout.

I'd like to go to a new city and find all the electronics stores, for example.
    That's an app tho, on WP you don't need an app for that. It's also pretty much a done deal that it'll be improved in WP8. I've had no issues with it so far.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    That's an app tho, on WP you don't need an app for that. It's also pretty much a done deal that it'll be improved in WP8. I've had no issues with it so far.

It doesn't matter if it's built into WP if an app does it better. Local scout has been fine for me, but I don't travel much. I'm also confident Microsoft will improve it for WP8.

Global Posts
    1,418 Global Posts
    local scout is not that good,very limited, only shows max 20 results and sometimes show places unrelated to what im looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    local scout is not that good,very limited, only shows max 20 results and sometimes show places unrelated to what im looking for.
    Doesn't do that to me, you can adjust and filter what it searches for.

Global Posts
    1,166 Global Posts
    Yeah Bing Local Scout only go to 20 results, what's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Yeah Bing Local Scout only go to 20 results, what's up with that?

The top 20 results for any given category or filtered option. Who would want to have to search through 500 results just to find somewhere to eat? I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    I just downloaded AroundMe app for iOS and it has way more in terms of categories of places compared to Local Scout. WP team better add a lot more to this hub if they want it compelling versus other platforms.
    So you want to compare a third party app to Local Scout and then put the pressure on the WP team? Seems to me that the ios team aren't doing the job either if it took an app to get you what you liked.

Oh guess what? I just searched and AroundMe is available for WP in free and paid versions. Case closed.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.