Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ragemonster View Post
    This happened to me too. If you have 2 step verification make sure your create a unique password for outlook via your google.com account and then enter that password.
    Well feel stupid but don't understand what you mean?

Skickat från min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    from the outlook.com help forums

Mary Grace A. replied on December 15, 2012
    Forum Moderator
    In reply to WilliamSDR post on December 14, 2012

Hi,

Please be advised that rename feature is currently not available. The Engineering team is aware of the problem and working to fix it. At this time, we don’t have a date when the feature will be restored. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks.

Fantastic, Ill be renaming mine as soon as its back up
    Perfect, this will solve all of our woes soon enough.

Thanks

-Doc
    Actual location: Inside the system itself.

Vaporwaremagpolydilithium- What Surface is actually made of.
    @power5 unfortunately when you change your live email address you have to reset your device.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Quote Originally Posted by racerjim View Post
    Is there a way to truly sync between a hotmail/outlook.com calendar and an Outlook calendar on an exchange server. I can subscribe to the exchange calendar and it pushes changes to my phone. But I can't push the other way, the way I can with Google Sync. If I can't figure this out, I'm stuck with Google Sync....until it disappears.

Thanks,

Jim
    the owner of the calendar must give you permission to edit the calendar. Also you should beable to add your calendar directly by adding the exchange account.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Still working on this.

i can publish my Outlook/Exchange calendar to the internet, then subscribe to it on Outlook.com. But for some reason, not all the events are published. If I subscribe to it in Outlook 2010, the internet calendar is an exact replica of the actual Outlook/Exchange calendar. But when I look at it on Outlook.com, there are a few events missing. Further, new events added to the Outlook/Exchange calendar don't get pushed to the Outlook.com internet calendar.(they do get pushed to the internet calendar viewed in Outlook). What am i missing?

Thanks,

Jim

It says when I try to create a send and receive account under Outlook that POP needs to be enabled in Gmail. I enabled it and it is still asking me to do so.

This is my first post here and i need some informations/help .
    I opend up new outlook.com email address , and i wanted to forward my yahoo mail to outlook.com. I set everything up in yahoo and the new mails are being forwarded to outlook.com but there is a problem. Every time i get forwarded mail in outlook.com inbox i also get this massage: "Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks."
    Massage alone doesn't bother me that much but because of that massage i don't get push mail in my phone. So i don't know if i have new mail or not.
    Every time my forwarded mail gets flaged with that massage push mail is disabled and not working for that massage.
    when i send myself email from yahoo to outlook i don't get this. But when i enable forwarding in yahoo mail i get that massage and that mail is not pushed to my phone from outlook.com.
    Does anyone experienced same issues??

ps. Sorry for my bad English

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account).
    Any ideas anyone? I never even signed up for an Office 365 account to my recollection. What the heck's going on?
    Last edited by derek533; 01-25-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ^^I do have a Surface RT though and I'm wondering if that's where the conflict is.

Does this work with Hotmail as well? I just did everything mentioned in the OP, and I completely closed my whole Google account, but i'm afraid to restart my phone and not have my contacts there.

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadstar0410 View Post
    Does this work with Hotmail as well? I just did everything mentioned in the OP, and I completely closed my whole Google account, but i'm afraid to restart my phone and not have my contacts there.
    Did you back up your contacts to a .csv?
    My apps are on JMTK Application Development
    [Guide] How to completely switch from Gmail to Outlook.com
    Nextel phones > Sanyo Katana Eclipse X > Palm Pre > HTC Arrive > HTC Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_M View Post
    Did you back up your contacts to a .csv?
    I did everything in your OP. So yea.

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    I did everything in your OP. So yea.
    You should be solid then. If you lose your contacts, you'll have them all and you may just need to re-import them into Hotmail/Outlook once if they're not immediately there.

If this fails, I may just do it manually to avoid screwing up haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_M View Post
    You should be solid then. If you lose your contacts, you'll have them all and you may just need to re-import them into Hotmail/Outlook once if they're not immediately there.
    Worked like a charm! Thanks, Jake!
    I realized I don't have my YouTube account anymore. Can I create a new YouTube account without making a new Google account? I had so many subscriptions and even though I unlinked my YouTube account from my Google account, it still asks for an email address, the one that I just deleted!
    Jake_M likes this.
    Worked like a charm! Thanks, Jake!
    I realized I don't have my YouTube account anymore. Can I create a new YouTube account without making a new Google account? I had so many subscriptions and even though I unlinked my YouTube account from my Google account, it still asks for an email address, the one that I just deleted!
    No, since Google owns YouTube, one cannot have a YouTube account without having a Google account.

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    No, since Google owns YouTube, one cannot have a YouTube account without having a Google account.
    Well, Vimeo time!
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    Well, Vimeo time!
    Vimeo app for Windows Phone now available | The Verge

Yea I tried it, and hated it. Haha it's just not the same.

Hi,

I've been wanting to switch from my Gmail account to Outlook.com due to my recent purchase of a 920. However, is there any way of importing the filters and labels at all? Also, is it possible to make the messages that have been sorted into folders to be shown under inbox as well? I don't want to look into different folders when reading my messages, but I want to be able to find certain messages quickly when needed.

Might never make the jump if these aren't resolved. I love the labels function on Gmail as it allows me to know what's in my inbox at a glance. :(

Thanks!

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    can it be done with @hotmail.com? cause i only has a Hotmail acc D:

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nessinhaw View Post
    can it be done with @hotmail.com? cause i only has a Hotmail acc D:
    Your Hotmail account should automatically be upgraded when you sign in to Outlook.com... it's the same service.

See here: My Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.com - Microsoft Windows Help
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    i see...so upgrading to Outlook won't affect my messenger contacts? (i already integrated it with Skype)

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nessinhaw View Post
    i see...so upgrading to Outlook won't affect my messenger contacts? (i already integrated it with Skype)
    From what I read, it should directly upgrade. Messenger is being deprecated but as you said you already integrated it with Skype.

This guy had success with his Hotmail: http://forums.wpcentral.com/general-...tm#post1908875 so I'm assuming it'll work for you as well.

If you want to be absolutely sure, I'd check out that link but upgrading to Outlook is going to retain all your current information as a Hotmail account.

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    I'm gonna add an FAQ to the original post so people won't have to go through this entire thread.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast