Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Aniket Mhatre
  • 2 Post By shmsnh
  • 2 Post By Ashish Gupta888
  • 2 Post By SpaceyO
  • 2 Post By DaT Franchise
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

When can I get update for my Lumia 525 in India. What is the release date?

Regards,
    Satish

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    There is no release date yet declared. Some say it will come by june some say august. If you want you can get preview for developers update now

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
    oditius likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Okay.

I heard that if the phone is updated with developer preview, then warranty will be lost. Is it true? And do we get all the features that the normal user gets? Or is there any difference between developer preview and normal update?

There's a detailed thread somewhere in this forum about the warranty. The final decision lies with your manufacturer (or carrier, where applicable). The developer preview has all the features that the official update will get, but there are a few bug fixes coming, which will be available with the official update.

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    According to information given on this forum yes it voids warranty with nokia(manufacturer). But today i checked my phone's warranty it is showing that it is still in warranty. I checked it on official nokia website

Quote Originally Posted by Aniket Mhatre View Post
    According to information given on this forum yes it voids warranty with nokia(manufacturer). But today i checked my phone's warranty it is showing that it is still in warranty. I checked it on official nokia website
    That's not really an indicator of warranty. The website doesn't know if you've installed the developer preview or not. The people at Nokia Care might know you're using preview software, and thus possibly decline warranty. The website gives a very rough estimate about the warranty validity period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satish Dhondale View Post
    Okay.

I heard that if the phone is updated with developer preview, then warranty will be lost. Is it true? And do we get all the features that the normal user gets? Or is there any difference between developer preview and normal update?
    It may not void your Phone's warranty, but one thing for sure Nokia Care wont provide free support for DP. I got it confirmed from Nokia Care forum. They had asked me not to go for DP. Also, they have said that Cyan update will be released in Mid June or any time after May,31.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140504_0001.jpg  
    Last edited by Ashish Gupta888; 05-04-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    Nokia Lumia 525 [DP-8.1, GDR-1]
    Sent from my RM-998_im_india_910 using Tapatalk
    Nokia Lumia 525 [DP-8.1, GDR-1]

It depends where u live.. In the European Union is strictly prohibited to be fixed SW with HW..

For all theoretical purposes , warranty is void. For practical, they just don't care.
    I had a Lumia 520 of a friend of mine with WP8.1 fixed in India under warranty.
    Another guy with a Lumia 720 also had his fixed.
    If you are still unsure, you can always flash the old ROM using Nokia Software Updater for Retail before sending it to the service center so they won't find out. (More about it in the 920 forum. It's a sticky thread at the top).
    Please click on "Thanks" if you think my answer helped you.Using WP since Jan 2014. LUMIA 520. Please click on "Thanks" if you think my answer helped you.

Can't Microsoft now override the warranty voiding since nokia and Microsoft are now one company?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashhar Hasan View Post
    For all theoretical purposes , warranty is void. For practical, they just don't care.
    I had a Lumia 520 of a friend of mine with WP8.1 fixed in India under warranty.
    Another guy with a Lumia 720 also had his fixed.
    If you are still unsure, you can always flash the old ROM using Nokia Software Updater for Retail before sending it to the service center so they won't find out. (More about it in the 920 forum. It's a sticky thread at the top).
    Honestly, if anyone's still unsure at this point (for warranty or whatever reason), they should just wait until WP8.1 comes out officially.
    tgp and Ashhar Hasan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceyO View Post
    Honestly, if anyone's still unsure at this point (for warranty or whatever reason), they should just wait until WP8.1 comes out officially.
    I believe that WPCentral made a big (bad or good) decision by making the PDP so public. Almost everybody's onboard, Heck my friend's granma is onboard.
    Please click on "Thanks" if you think my answer helped you.Using WP since Jan 2014. LUMIA 520. Please click on "Thanks" if you think my answer helped you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceyO View Post
    That's gonna be a long wait for those who choose too.
    Sent while texting and driving
    SpaceyO and Ashhar Hasan like this.
    I just gave my phone to service center coz of hardware problem. I just used Nokia Suit to recover to WP8 and gave it. No questions asked.
    I'm gonna install WP 8.1 as soon as I get it back.

As far as WP8.1 official is concerned it'll be shipped in june end or july beginning. No dates announced yet!

Are you referring to Nokia PC Suit? How did you do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by someonecalledsukhjit View Post
    I just gave my phone to service center coz of hardware problem. I just used Nokia Suit to recover to WP8 and gave it. No questions asked.
    I'm gonna install WP 8.1 as soon as I get it back.

As far as WP8.1 official is concerned it'll be shipped in june end or july beginning. No dates announced yet!
    Yes phones shipped with 8.1 but a carrier update will be late this year and with AT&T and Verizon track record I wouldn't hold my breath because 2015 is a long ways off.
    Sent while texting and driving
    Quote Originally Posted by DaT Franchise View Post
    Yes phones shipped with 8.1 but a carrier update will be late this year and with AT&T and Verizon track record I wouldn't hold my breath because 2015 is a long ways off.
    That's sad. But here in India, We don't have carriers to set up roadblocks. Hopefully things will go as planned.

And Alex corrections I am referring to Nokia Software Utility for Retail. You will find many threads here on how to recover WP8.

Hello Guys,

I've recently updated to 8.1. please tell me how can i chance my Facebook picture. in 8.0 we just have ti change the picture in "ME" to share and change to every single account i've liked. please guide on this ASAP

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tejaskadam13 View Post
    Hello Guys,

I've recently updated to 8.1. please tell me how can i chance my Facebook picture. in 8.0 we just have ti change the picture in "ME" to share and change to every single account i've liked. please guide on this ASAP
    same things can be done in WP8.1
    only you have to install the official MSFT Facebook app so that, the me tile appears.

I've did that still ... Can u guide me through process .

Sent from my RM-820_In _india_201 using Tapatalk