I've seen many a custom ROM option or various applications mentions, none of them have worked for me or were usable (phone not supported). I took advantage of the AT&T program and am saying goodbye to my Samsung Focus soon. But I'd love to regain the use of the 16GB microSD card that has been pulled from the device. The card is empty so no data is at risk, I'd just prefer to not have a dead card sitting around when I could use it elsewhere.

Is there no other way to recover this card without finding some select Nokia handset?
    Windows Mobile/Phone Device history
    Motorola MPx 200 Audiovox SMT-5600 (HTC Typhon) Cingular 2125 (HTC Tornado)
    T-Mobile Dash (HTC Exalibur) Samsung Jack (SGH i637) Samsung Focus (SGH i917) Nokia Lumia 920 ?

Yeah, I have the same question. My computer can see my 32GB microSD but I can't do anything to it, we all know why though. Just looking for third party solutions that doesn't involve tracking a certain Nokia model down.
    Over on xda developers, there is a thread on this topic. It involves unlocking it using your wp7 device. Possibly hacking or flashing another rom.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    Over on xda developers, there is a thread on this topic. It involves unlocking it using your wp7 device. Possibly hacking or flashing another rom.
    yeah my focus actually crashed and wouldn't work to the pint that it kept reseting, so I replaced it with a L900. So I don't have another device to plug it into.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    I tried some of those. Either my phone wasn't supported by the ROM, the tools didn't work or the desktop application did not work.
    T-Mobile Dash (HTC Exalibur) Samsung Jack (SGH i637) Samsung Focus (SGH i917) Nokia Lumia 920 ?
    i actually sent mine back to Adata via a lifetime warranty claim and got a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    i actually sent mine back to Adata via a lifetime warranty claim and got a new one.
    sometimes simple stuff like that goes over my head. I wonder if Wintec will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    Great idea! I just submitted an RMA request to Kingston.

Quote Originally Posted by Neusyn View Post
    sometimes simple stuff like that goes over my head. I wonder if Wintec will do the same.
    No kidding! I assumed they would laugh at me and say talk to Microsoft or Samsung. It can't hurt to try.

Global Posts
    3,518 Global Posts
    If you don't need the data off the card, you can use any Symbian OS phone. Just plug it in, format it, and you're up and running.

+1.. Symbian device can format back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MSFTisMIA View Post
    If you don't need the data off the card, you can use any Symbian OS phone. Just plug it in, format it, and you're up and running.
    Sounds simple, but where are they and I simply refuse to buy one for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by zeke009 View Post
    I've seen many a custom ROM option or various applications mentions, none of them have worked for me or were usable (phone not supported). I took advantage of the AT&T program and am saying goodbye to my Samsung Focus soon. But I'd love to regain the use of the 16GB microSD card that has been pulled from the device. The card is empty so no data is at risk, I'd just prefer to not have a dead card sitting around when I could use it elsewhere.

Is there no other way to recover this card without finding some select Nokia handset?
    if you have an old Nokia handset lying around that runs Symbian you can use it to reformat the SD card which will effectively restore it to factory and allow you to use it in other devices, at least this is want I did to use my 32gb microSD from my Focus in my Surface RT tablet.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke009 View Post
    Sounds simple, but where are they and I simply refuse to buy one for this purpose.
    Symbian phones are out there in the wild still...you just have to go hunt for them...my favorite was the e63, man I used to charge that phone TWICE A WEEK...

Just got word that my RMA was approved by Kingston. If have a locked microSD and can not find a Symbian, try an RMA as Curtieson recommended.