Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey

I've received a notification about an update to 7.10.8860.142 on my NL800 running 7.10.8858.136, but it fails to install supposedly because of "a problem with the backgroud Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)". What am I doing wrong?

Also, anyone knows if this update will fix the frozen tile problems? :3

Thanks

Seeing this thread, i checked for updates for my LG Optimus 7, and i also received this update. I did not even have to force it, as i did with the 8858 update. Updating worked, and i did not get an error or something. Microsoft said a few weeks back that they were working on a fix for the livetiles, so this might be it. I don't see any differences right now, and i can't check if it realy fixes the issue, because my livetiles worked fine on 8858.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Woah I'm installing that update on my Lumia 800 via Zune right now as we speak thanks for the heads up!

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Installing on my HTC Pro 7 with US Cellular at this time. I too was notified of the update through the Zune software. I didn't need to force it.

A problem with BITS would make me suspect an issue with the PC rather than the phone. So a reboot would seem like a good start, and perhaps try a different USB port/cable.

Rumour is that 8860 is the Live Tile fix. Given the usual "quality" of MS's info about updates, I guess we'll have to see what people experience over the next few days...
    Lumia 925 | Surface Pro |

Anyone on the HTC trophy on vzw get this yet?

Do you think a force update will be available soon? I have a HTC arrive on sprints network so i know i won't be receiving it from them sadly.

Umm.. anyone on a Lumia or other Nokia phone that just did this update suddenly can't see any of the Nokia exclusive apps in Marketplace? I don't even have a Nokia section in the Marketplace anymore..

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I got it through Zune on my EU Trophy with custom ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by markfive View Post
    A problem with BITS would make me suspect an issue with the PC rather than the phone. So a reboot would seem like a good start, and perhaps try a different USB port/cable.

Rumour is that 8860 is the Live Tile fix. Given the usual "quality" of MS's info about updates, I guess we'll have to see what people experience over the next few days...
    Microsoft confirmed to the Verge that it is indeed a fix for the live tiles, and that they have resumed the 7.8 upgrade process (with the new build): Microsoft resumes Windows Phone 7.8 update push after fixing Live Tile issues | The Verge

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    lets see if my Samsung focus on 7720 gets 7.8
    Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Windows Phone Hacker says it's definitely not the live-tile fix since the update was created before users complained about the live-tiles. The update was created on Jan 19th.

PSA: 8860 is not the live tile fix - Windows Phone Hacker
    Is this update only for those who had previously installed 7.8? I had updated to 7.8 and got this new update right when I plugged in to Zune......but when I tried to update a friends on my computer that was still running on 7.5 it said it was already up to date.
    Oh, not sure if it helps or matters but we both have 900's on Rogers.

I did force an update using seveneighter but my BBC and CNN live tiles are still not working. I am also wondering whether I may be a little slow on the uptake but suddenly the Facebook app now is updating and the live tile is working....is this something new or have I not been paying attention?

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    seveneighter now supports the current WP7.8 build version, so yes one is available.

Just updated my phone to 7.10.8862...this update fixed the live tile issue as stated in the update history on the office windows phone website...there were two updates..first one is 8860 and then 8862...the lag in launching apps from the start screen also seems to have reduced:D....Samsung Omnia W,India
    Last edited by soumitro316; 03-14-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Thanked by:
    ash29k 
    Banned

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    As stated 8862 is the LT fix. 8860 is some changes for Quartz, and Google.

There was an earlier communication SNAFU that made folks think 8860 was the LT fix.

Quote Originally Posted by rc2080 View Post
    Umm.. anyone on a Lumia or other Nokia phone that just did this update suddenly can't see any of the Nokia exclusive apps in Marketplace? I don't even have a Nokia section in the Marketplace anymore..
    nope, all fine here

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    8862 is now loading on my HTC Pro 7 which is on US Cellular's network.

Anyone with a Lumia 610 got the updates yet?
    Can anybody that was still running 7.5 tell me if they successfully updated to 8862 through Zune? Tried to update a friends phone from my computer but it said it was already up to date.....
    Developer

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Wow, that's a lot of updates for you guys =P

Quote Originally Posted by rc2080 View Post
    Try downloading and then launching the Xbox Extras app from the Marketplace, that should fix it. If you've already got it, just uninstall it and then reinstall and launch it. Afterwards when you goto the Marketplace, the Nokia Collection should be there. Worked for me on a Lumia 710 after I had that problem.
    The second update is the Tile fix! After the update The Weather Channel tile is working!
    Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express
    LG Optimus Me - LG Optimus 7

Updated via 78 tool my Focus Flash , Live Tiles are working Again including Wide Tile for WPCentral App in particular.

Will miss the battery life that I had with them disabled or turned off..But has long has I can make it through a day I am fine..

Noticed lag when pressing tiles has went away alot, not really lag it is more of a animation that represents that tile was pressed before it responds etc.

AT&T disappeared from Marketplace for me, but, I really do not use those apps at all..

Else all good so far, let see how battery life is in about 8 hours from now..
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast