Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

As the title suggests...

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I don't think there's an official acknowledgement about the issues in 7.8. They may be working on it, but no one knows for sure.

Shocking considering the amount of complaints all over the web...

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    The following is purely my opinion as to why we shouldn't be surprised Microsoft isn't moving fast on 7.8 - I don't think we'll see too much new work on 7.8 because dedicating resources to it would interfere with their overall goal of working on WP8. It was hastily put together as a way to stretch WP7 until most users were eligible for an upgrade. Of course, I could be wrong and MS may roll out a few more updates, but the way it was all handled in the first place makes me think otherwise.

As much as I agree with you on that mate it just would make sense to actually have an OS that does what it says on the tin.... Considering going back to 7.5 at this rate, at least it worked...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Well what are your problems? I've only had one so far and that's a HTC problem not a Microsoft problem.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Live tiles not updating, Bing wallpaper not updating, static tiles, flickering tiles struggling to update and on and on and on.... Its driving me mad and I am not alone, makes me wonder if its the OS or the apps are just not suited to the OS...

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    The live tiles not updating and the flickering tiles are OS related - The issue with Windows Phone 7.8 Live Tiles could be more problematic than first assumed | Windows Phone Central. I've never used Bing wallpaper, but I've seen other users in the forums talk about this issue as well.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 05:04 PM.

With all the delays from ms regarding the release of this update you would have thought that maybe they would have at least tested it properly...

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    My titan has working live tiles. Bing wallpapers have began to update daily now. Last 5 days at least. When I first updated via seveneighter I would have to manually make them update. I may be a bit biased because my biggest gripe from the last 1.5 years of having a WP has been fixed finally. My keyboard has not disappeared since I updated. Can I get an AMEN?

Now I am just jaded that MSFT used lame excuses as to why we could not get more WP8 features on 7.8.

Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    My titan has working live tiles. Bing wallpapers have began to update daily now. Last 5 days at least. When I first updated via seveneighter I would have to manually make them update. I may be a bit biased because my biggest gripe from the last 1.5 years of having a WP has been fixed finally. My keyboard has not disappeared since I updated. Can I get an AMEN?

Now I am just jaded that MSFT used lame excuses as to why we could not get more WP8 features on 7.8.
    yeah, half the crap they promised never came, Xbox music would be nice since I have an account on my Xbox... Jeez, even an eq and screen capture would be nice...

i dont get why some people are getting problems are some are not. i dont have a single problem with live tiles. if its any help, i did not update through zune, nokia care did my update (and full format of the device) and everything working fine since december. just a hunch, but maybe only devices that were updated by zune are getting problems?

Quote Originally Posted by dipayanster View Post
    i dont get why some people are getting problems are some are not. i dont have a single problem with live tiles. if its any help, i did not update through zune, nokia care did my update (and full format of the device) and everything working fine since december. just a hunch, but maybe only devices that were updated by zune are getting problems?
    It seems to depend on the apps you're using and the method that they use to update the tile. So maybe that's why everything appears to be fine for you. You can read some research by Heathcliff, developer of WP7 Root Tools, here:
    WP7 Root Tools - Unleash the power of Windows Phone - Bad live-tiles - The saga continues
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    It seems to depend on the apps you're using and the method that they use to update the tile. So maybe that's why everything appears to be fine for you. You can read some research by Heathcliff, developer of WP7 Root Tools, here:
    WP7 Root Tools - Unleash the power of Windows Phone - Bad live-tiles - The saga continues
    Not sure, lots of people are complaining that BBC news mobile is not working but since I flashed again using Nokia care suite and the latest navifirm release (823 L900) the BBC app works again and so do all my others except wpcentral... Its all very weird..

Quote Originally Posted by ash29k View Post
    Not sure, lots of people are complaining that BBC news mobile is not working but since I flashed again using Nokia care suite and the latest navifirm release (823 L900) the BBC app works again and so do all my others except wpcentral... Its all very weird..
    Interesting. I do remember that when I first flashed my current 7.8 ROM the tiles did work for a short time. I guess nobody knows what the problem really is at the moment.