02-22-2013, 03:51 PM #1
- 721 Posts
I wouldn't normally post in here as I have the 920. However, a friend of mine bought an 800 recently and was telling me her battery drained mega rapidly. She is a bit of a technophobe and says she had not updated it. I seem to remember reading that early on the 800 did have an issue with the battery but an update fixed it.
She is a great person, but has no idea what she is doing. She asked for my help, but I am not up on the 800. So I have a few questions. She is in UK, not sure which carrier, but it is pay as you go.
1- are updates available via WiFi? Or does she have to connect to a PC?
2- is the latest 7.8 update stable and safe to use?
3- if I look at her firmware, what is the correct number for pre 7.8? I want to see if she even has 7.5 installed.
4- is the battery sapping issue fixed?Own a Lumia 920 - in UK
02-22-2013, 11:07 PM #2
- 17 Posts
I'll try and help.....
1) Nope, must be connected to a PC.
2) It is in my case, but YMMV. There are ways to downgrade, but theyre a bit tricky.
3) To answer this one, ill need to know:
a) What variant does she have (RM801 or RM 819)
b) What network does she use / is it on
c) What is the product code (look on the sticker under the battery - youll see a code similar to 059Q0L1)
As far as I can tell, the 7.5 version is 1750.805.8779.12221. The 7.8 version is 1750.823.8858.12460
Digging a bit deeper, I reckon she has an RM-801. The 7.8 update available is for CV (Country Variant - unbranded) EE / TMob / Orange / Three 3
Hope this helps. Let me know the variant and product code and ill help further. Please note I dont need the IMEI.
- By mimi0007 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 03-23-2013, 12:35 PM
- By drg in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 7Last Post: 05-18-2012, 11:42 AM
- By louisloh in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 5Last Post: 12-16-2011, 08:59 AM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2011, 05:23 PM