Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyone who has AT&T as a carrier gotten the Windows Phone 7.8 update notification on a non-Lumina device (yet)? I tried to update via the internet disconnect trick, but my internet speed is too fast and I don't want to use the seven-eighter tool due to various problems I've read about it. AT&T claims that the updates come on a "staggered schedule", but all I have heard about is Lumina devices (on AT&T) getting the update. Is there some kind of notification that AT&T will give me when the update is ready for my device (LG Quantum)?
    Last edited by Catholic Tech Geek; 02-13-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    rom developer for Asus Mypal A6x6 and Axim X50 (and soon, LG Quantum too) and (former) Microsoft Student Insider

My work is free for everyone's use, but if you wish to give a donation towards my work (I am a recent college grad working in what little spare time I have), you may do so (paypal email is toa649@myway.com).

Check out my blog for news on mobile Windows and other tech: Catholic Tech Geek

Students, check out Dreamspark for the tools you need and Imagine Cup if you want a challenge

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I didn't get the update notification either in my DVP or Samsung Focus Flash. Updated the very first day using the CAB method. No issues whatsoever.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Nothing yet on my Samsung focus 1.3. I emailed at&t about disappearing keyboard and they responded saying they releases a fix for that on 4/2012 and that I should have received it. All that I have to do is connect my phone to my PC and start Zune. I am still at 7720, I have emailed them a pic where it says that my phone is up to date on 7720

Global Posts
    2,111 Global Posts
    Which non-Lumina devices are you referring to? Cavalier, Malibu or Impala? ;-)
  5.    #5  
    As far as the non-Lumina devices I am looking for updates for: for myself, LG Quantum and Samsung Focus Flash, and for my parents, Samsung Focus (original) and HTC Surround
    rom developer for Asus Mypal A6x6 and Axim X50 (and soon, LG Quantum too) and (former) Microsoft Student Insider

My work is free for everyone's use, but if you wish to give a donation towards my work (I am a recent college grad working in what little spare time I have), you may do so (paypal email is toa649@myway.com).

Students, check out Dreamspark for the tools you need and Imagine Cup if you want a challenge

Global Posts
    2,505 Global Posts
    well, since it has been discovered that live tiles are completely broken, this update will get pulled and not released for any other devices until then.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    well, since it has been discovered that live tiles are completely broken, this update will get pulled and not released for any other devices until then.
    So does this mean (for sure) that those of us who didn't get the update yet have to wait until Microsoft releases a new build which fixes the live tiles issues?