02-05-2013, 11:34 AM #1
- 5 Posts
I am not sure if this has been asked and solved before but please correct me if so :)
I am new here so please take it easy :D
+ I have a Nokia Lumia 710 which is currently running Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
Okay so i got my Nokia Lumia 710 for christmas and i have never really payed attention to this issue as its never really annoyed me since i have never needed to wait for an urgent message but one day i happened to do that.
Anyway, when my phone is locked i will still get toast notifications and the screen will turn on and fuction properly for around 5-10 minutes after being locked but after that time frame i don't seem to get my messages until the phone is unlocked, this has become a big issue since i have to wait for emails and text messages that are urgent and are expected to come :)
Any help will be appreciated :) and if anyone has had this sort of issue before please say!
- PS i hope to be posting on these forums alot more :D
02-05-2013, 10:49 PM #2
- 126 Posts
Probably because you are using WiFi connection. Every WP7 owner knows that WiFi turns off about 10 minutes after the screen turns off, and reconnects again upon wake. This must be the issue. And no, I don't think there's a fix to it, unless maybe plug it on charge all the time.
02-06-2013, 05:51 AM #4
- 199 Posts
Yeah, the WiFi will turn off once the screen is off, and it will be back on once the screen is unlocked. In WP8, there's an option where you can set the WiFi to always on and I think if you update yours from WP7.5 to WP7.8, you will have that option to keep the WiFi on...Nokia Lumia 620 - White
- By strokee in forum HTC 8XReplies: 1Last Post: 01-28-2013, 12:23 PM
- By rareohs in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-10-2012, 12:11 PM
- By Rennan in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 4Last Post: 08-07-2012, 08:20 AM
- By Nataku4ca in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 12Last Post: 06-11-2012, 07:30 PM
- By kj_wp in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 11-16-2011, 01:10 AM