02-04-2013, 10:26 PM #2
- 507 Posts
I tried and tried to get the zune trick to work on my flash, never could get it work. AT&T Branded and locked (thanks tango)
So I had to resort to using the SevenEighter Tool to update with. 7.8 tool will make a full backup of your phone before it install any update's...So in case you do run into problem's you can restore it back to Mango/Tango in Zune..
If you phone is up to date already with Tango, then you will only have 3 updates to go through with 7.8 tool..
Just remember to select all the languages in the 7.8 tool for each update..
I have not noticed any problems what so ever, camera is working fine including the buttons. No error's with marketplace and all my apps are working fine did not have reinstall anything at all..Nokia Lumia 521 - TMobile Prepaid 2.5gb with Hotspot
Retired - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14
Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
02-04-2013, 10:57 PM #3
- 606 Posts
Is it easy and pain less? Also will it conflict with any update that MS will bring out in the future?do you notice any kind of lag anywhere? And one other thing, how long will this tool / update take ( time wise ).
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
- 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM #4
I used Seven Eighter on my wife's ATT locked Focus Flash last night. It was painless.
I admire your optimism in that you're concerned about being able to receive some future update, when you're having to look at homebrew and trick methods to just get the current one. There likely won't be a future update.
- By HeyCori in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 05-03-2012, 03:48 AM
- By JenkTJ27 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 11-15-2011, 11:22 AM
- By 1jaxstate1 in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 69Last Post: 10-23-2011, 09:38 PM
- By sharksandwich in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 20Last Post: 09-14-2011, 07:12 PM