1.    #1  
    Has anyone on Telus (Canada) with a Lumia 800 get the 7.8 update without using the Zune trick? I tried doing the Zune trick last night but couldnt get it to work.

Nothing for me either. Tried the disconnect thing, didn't work. We'll get it soon I hope.

Yesterday i got very lucky and used the zune trick and updated my 800 ( i am on telus)....First few times i disconnected too fast, finally got it to work when i disconnected between 4 and 5 seconds). Had to do the disconnect 3 separate times to get the 3 updates, but it worked perfectly.. I am loving the 7.8. Good luck, i would definately try again, i am sure i tried at least 4-5 times before i got it to work the first time,and stupidly, the first time it worked i forgot to reconnect....it is definately all about timing, and can be very frustrating!
  4.    #4  
    The response from @TELUSsupport

"Unfortunately we can’t comment on OS releases. Any new OS update news will be announced on goo.gl/fY4PO. Thank you."

My reply to them:
    @TELUSsupport its says here that it will be out Jan 2013 telusmobility.com/en/ON/Nokia_Lu…

No reply...

for the trick wait about 3-4 seconds then unplug ethernet.... then wait for a response from zune it should appear on your phone and in zune about the update

Got mine also by doing the disconnect trick. Had to do three updates. So far, I only get some kind of error while I go through the details/reviews/screenshots in the marketplace.

Telus definitely has it on their servers. My old Telus HTC Surround notified me it had an update, so I plugged it into Zune and within a half hour, it was sporting 7.8. Still waiting for my AT&T Lumia 900 tho...

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Telus for some reason releases to particular phones in batches, can take over a month before some will get notified of the update. Letting carries decide on when /if ever to release updates that bring feature enchantments gives a bad end user experience.
  9.    #9  
    Here is the response from Nokia about the rollout since Telus claims to know nothing about it.
    20 day throttling period:
    - Jan 30th-Feb 3rd: 25%

- Feb 4th-Feb 17th: 50%

- Feb 18th-> 100%
  10.    #10  
    Anyone get the 7.8 update on Telus yet? (without doing the trick).

Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Destroyer View Post
    Anyone get the 7.8 update on Telus yet? (without doing the trick).
    not possible, had an LG optimus 7 and the only way to get 7.8 is if you do the internet trick, where u press find updates on ur computer, and pull ur internet cable at a specific time, I did it rather fast on TELUS. It should work its on their servers
  12.    #12  
    Just got the update today. No issues with the update, just took a little while.