Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    http://www.change.org/petitions/face...-windows-phone

Decided to try and start a petition. This is for their suite of applications such as Pages Manager, etc. I am looking to get 5'000 signatures. Can you guys help?

(Also, could someone create an image for me please to use as the logo. I like the app logo then the Windows 8 phone logo combined ones I've seen on the Instagram and Snapchat petitions)

NOTE: This is regarding both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8! But I have moved it to WP7.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 02-01-2013 at 01:09 PM.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ...You may want to submit this petition as an article on WMPoweruser's website. They take in guest posts...

I filled it in for you m8!

You should also go out this on reddit as they have a windowsphone page as well with dedicated users. Plus reddit supports all their users you might even get more.

Filled it out. Lets go WP I like this community thing
    Facebook is evil

they make billions of dollars by selling your personal information to marketers and god knows who else .. Why do you continue to allow someone to make billions of dollars off of the information collected from you for free.. You should start a petition forcing Facebook to pay its users for being members

Quote Originally Posted by the real smackbo View Post
    Facebook is evil

they make billions of dollars by selling your personal information to marketers and god knows who else .. Why do you continue to allow someone to make billions of dollars off of the information collected from you for free.. You should start a petition forcing Facebook to pay its users for being members
    Again, this is the 'we are the product' filosophy when services are free. People themselves are the ones that decide to use this service :')

Facebook is evil

They don't really get your data for free. They provide a service that people choose to use.

I don't have a problem with companies like Facebook or Google using data from their services to make money, especially when those services are free.

I only don't like when they don't let you know.

Facebook is evil

...and bafflingly (and hilariously) enough, Google is somehow exempt of all of this critique, even considering that the big G is a thousand times worse than Facebook, because they not only profit with the crap you say to your friends, but also with the things you watch, the things you search, the things you store in the cloud, your schedules, your images, etc, etc, etc...

Following your logic, Android users should also be paid for carrying 24/7 these plasticky portable ad machines

Petitions are a huge waste of time
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    First and foremost we need a Facebook Messenger and Facebook app
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    I don't use WMPU or Reddit tbh. Could somebody forward this to them on my behalf please?

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    it is a waste of time, they dont even develop an app for the main facebook for WP, doubt they will make any of the other apps unless a serious rise in WP happens.

I will for sure fill it out, and also 1800pocketpc is doing something similar that might help too, some people have some great suggestions already.

How would you change Facebook for Windows Phone?

I'd rather they work with Microsoft and update the built in integration. It has a ton of potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyaku View Post
    ...and bafflingly (and hilariously) enough, Google is somehow exempt of all of this critique, even considering that the big G is a thousand times worse than Facebook, because they not only profit with the crap you say to your friends, but also with the things you watch, the things you search, the things you store in the cloud, your schedules, your images, etc, etc, etc...

Following your logic, Android users should also be paid for carrying 24/7 these plasticky portable ad machines
    I agree .. Since when did we decide to give up our privacy for free access to programs .... If you really like the service that Facebook and Google gives you then you must ask yourself .. Would you pay 5 bucks a months for it .. If you wouldn't pay for it then is it really a good service

Global Posts
    1,724 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceabbott2 View Post
    I'd rather they work with Microsoft and update the built in integration. It has a ton of potential.
    I think the issue here is 3rd party apps don't get the same API access that the Facebook built ones are. Both the Me Tile and the Facebook app totally ignore all the things that are hidden in your normal web feed (or in the native iOS and Android app feed). The Facebook app on WP8 is horrible in that regards.

Filled it out and you should also post this on the Windows Phone 7 Forum as well.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    I think the issue here is 3rd party apps don't get the same API access that the Facebook built ones are. Both the Me Tile and the Facebook app totally ignore all the things that are hidden in your normal web feed (or in the native iOS and Android app feed). The Facebook app on WP8 is horrible in that regards.
    This! Or MS needs to negotiate with FB to have thier integration seen as an official FB app...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Filled it out and you should also post this on the Windows Phone 7 Forum as well.
    Noted, and moved to the Windows Phone 7 forum. I did have the ability to copy it but didn't think I should have copied. Maybe a mod will disagree.