Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

i usually use ICQ, but was giving IM+ a try since yesterday. This is the only new app installed in last couple of days and did not fiddle with settings of other apps. Ever since I installed IM+, i am noticing higher drain of battery. can any body confirm that IM+ drains battery fast?

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    There is an option that allows IM+ to keep running under the lock screen which will definitely drain the battery faster. I believe it pops up on first run asking you if you want to enable it. I do notice a faster drain when I have it running but if its in push mode it doesn't seem to do so bad.

I've got IM+ installed and the battery life still remains normal. I of course have the running under lock screen option turned off as it warns of battery drain if enabled. So try and check that out and hope it solves your problem.

i also kept running under lock screen turned off. i will reinstall it again for rechecking, thanks all.