01-21-2013, 06:41 AM #1
- 662 Posts
I was going to look for accessories for my 8x and I saw this below
This seems a bit extreme for a phone that is like 2 and a half years old.
I see companies overcharging for older models all the time...For instance i saw a Samsung Galaxy S2 from T-mobile that was 199.00 when the Gs3 was 149.99.
So why charge $229 for a 2+ year old Trophy(which essentially doesn't have much of a future) vs a $49.99 Nokia Lumia 822 or 149.99 8X(both running the WP8)
01-21-2013, 09:02 AM #2
- 4,362 Posts
Man, at first I thought that was $299 without a contract. Nope, it seems Verizon is silly enough to think it's worthwhile to sell the archaic Trophy @ $299 with your name on the dotted line. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if HTC didn't have a hand in this. Perhaps they don't want older, cheaper devices stealing the spotlight from their new phones."Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- By deadwrong03 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2012, 06:09 AM
- By buckeyeballer09 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 4Last Post: 10-05-2011, 01:04 PM
- By skytribe in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 5Last Post: 09-07-2011, 08:51 PM
- By hepi in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 7Last Post: 07-15-2011, 09:55 AM
- By kregstrong in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 8Last Post: 05-26-2011, 06:31 AM