- 01-17-2013, 07:10 AM #1
I had a friend recently pick up a Windows Phone 8 device, and shortly thereafter, she began appearing in my messaging list twice. She has her original thread that had been there from her old phone and then the new thread that appeared afterward. If I tap the contact name at the top of the thread, they both lead to the same contact in the people hub.
I'd noticed this had happened before, to another contact, as well.
Had anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know the cause or a way to remedy the issue?
Thanks in advance.
01-17-2013, 08:09 AM #2
- 118 Posts
I did, I found it could be related to some number mix-up where it switches from 04xxxxx to +61 4xxxxxx (+61 being the country code for AUS in my case) (or vice versa) in the contact, and so the phone decides it must be an entirely new number and makes a new thread for that number
Last edited by MrSean490; 01-17-2013 at 08:38 AM.
01-17-2013, 08:30 AM #3
- 2,595 Posts
Maybe one is being associated with group messaging. Was the original thread something that had multiple participants?Talk to me about Windows Phone, Windows 8, XBOX, art, animation, design, or anything! Be sure to follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook (say you're from here or I may not accept)
- By wtf_aleks in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
- By Brett Day in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 08-06-2011, 01:40 AM
- By manewinho in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 07-12-2011, 12:13 PM
- By PhillyUser in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 4Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
- By onemadrssn in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 28Last Post: 03-25-2011, 06:20 PM