Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have 2 phones on my gamertag, one for me and one for my wife. We used my tag on both to share paid apps.

If I make her a child account, swap her phone over, can we still share the apps, but have separate contact lists and skydrives? Better yet, is there a way to avoid a full phone reset to do this?

No and no, only way to share apps, is by using the same live I'd.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    No and no, only way to share apps, is by using the same live I'd.
    I was afraid of that. We'll have to either live with each other having friends birthdays pop up on the other phone or rebuy plants vs zombies on the other ID. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrickx View Post
    I have 2 phones on my gamertag, one for me and one for my wife. We used my tag on both to share paid apps.

If I make her a child account, swap her phone over, can we still share the apps, but have separate contact lists and skydrives? Better yet, is there a way to avoid a full phone reset to do this?
    A work around can be - log in with same ID, but don't sync email and contacts. Get her contacts on her SIM card and using "filter" display on SIM contacts.

However, one of you will have to give up on integrated social networking and instead use separate FB app, Twitter app, Linkedin app and Skydrive app.
    Also, if you don't want to see calendars pop up, one of the phones will have to get these switched off from within the calendar setting. Then of course for her personal or your personal calendar you can sync another Outlook account or Gmail account with it's calendar.

I have two Microsoft accounts on my phone. I think you can have another account sync as well. I see the option for syncing content such as calendar, contacts, tasks and email. So maybe setup her account as secondary?