- 12-12-2012, 04:50 AM #2
LMAO :) I've seen many great funny scenes using that movie clip, does anyone know what the original movie is? I'd like to see it. As a newcomer to Windows Phone I've just got a Lumia 800 on a 2 year contract (well I haven't got it atm but that's more to do with me and a long story - it will be back when o2 pull their fingers out). However I am a bit annoyed that does appear it will be obsolete long before I can upgrade. I know we're getting 7.8 and it's bringing the cool stuff from 8 as a compromise, but surely developers will stop developing for WP7? I'm a bit confused about what it is that 8 can do that needs these extra specifications my phone can't meet.
12-12-2012, 05:29 AM #3
- 27 Posts
The main reason the new software won’t run on older phones is that most of the new changes are related to support for new kinds of hardware that don’t exist in the current generation of phones.
By contrast, apps written for Windows Phone 7 will run on both current and future phones. That’s because even though Microsoft is changing the core of the operating system, it has never allowed programmers to write natively for Windows Phone 7.
However, apps written for Windows Phone 8 won’t necessarily run on the older devices, meaning that those with older devices may soon see cool apps that they can’t use.
12-14-2012, 06:08 PM #6
- 126 Posts
I've been watching HitlerRantsParadies since day one. They're funny, very funny. Truth is this is the first parody that hit home. That's is exactly the way we all felt the day they told us that WP8 wouldn't work on our 900s, Titans or whatever. Yeah, funny but true. So very true. So like a dolt I went and bought a Yellow Lumia 920. I suck.
-joe-Had 'em all. Every iPhone since day one, Androids out the ****.
DVP, Lumia 900, now a Yellow 920. Windows Phone is elegant, simple. Nuff Said.
- 12-14-2012, 11:04 PM #8Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - Apparently you can have an iPhone transplant...
- By wpnav in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 12-12-2012, 03:56 AM
- By diaspar in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 45Last Post: 10-05-2012, 09:34 PM
- By Winning Guy in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 14Last Post: 09-07-2012, 06:44 PM
- By CaliforniaMan in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 30Last Post: 06-11-2012, 10:29 PM
- By condemned in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 23Last Post: 01-25-2012, 02:44 AM