Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Works with android phone, but on lumia 800 gets stuck when i enter pairing code on my mobile. Anyone knows how to pair youtube tv with wp7?

There isn't any special instructions. I have done it on my HD2 and 920 with no problem. What step does it fail at? I don't know why it would be a phone problem as most of the work is done server side

I have tried this parallelly with android phone, - with chrome on android works fine. On my lumia wp it gets stuck when i enter pairing code, - just loading another youtube page and not pairing anything. Previosly worked fine for me too, somehow my paired tv got lost on youtube and i cannot do this again. Made myself a new youtube account to try, but same story with it too. Seems like a problem with explorer on wp. Thanks in advance!

I'm experiencing the same issue. It worked before and now it won't connect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply MzG View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue. It worked before and now it won't connect at all.
    At least i know im not on my own with this :) Anyone got suggestions?
    I have this problem too with my Lumia 710. I even tried to use UC Browser to pair with my tv, but it still fails just as IE does.

Same here with Lumia 800. It used to work, then some time in December the existing pairing disappeared and since then I cannot pair again. :-(

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    solution, dump Google/Youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    solution, dump Google/Youtube.
    and use what?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I have the same problem, thought I'd try to pair from a different browser, but can't find another windows 7 mobile compatible browser. Can anyone recommend another browser?

Thanks for reporting this problem, folks. Can you confirm that you have Internet Explorer 10 running on your phones? Previous versions of IE don't have support for CORS, a technology that allows safe cross-domain communication, and this is most likely the cause for youtube.com/pair not working.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Danciu View Post
    Thanks for reporting this problem, folks. Can you confirm that you have Internet Explorer 10 running on your phones? Previous versions of IE don't have support for CORS, a technology that allows safe cross-domain communication, and this is most likely the cause for youtube.com/pair not working.
    Interesting.

But yeah ... Windows Phone 7 is stuck on Internet Explorer 9 Mobile, none of us here have IE10 mobile

Indeed it seems we all have WP7 phones, which come with IE9. I'll have the opportunity to try with a Lumia 920 some time later, but still.. it's a shame that it doesn't work on older phones, especially since it used to work fine for months.

Okay, let's see what we can do. We'll try to detect if the phone is running IE9 or earlier and fall back to the previous pairing mechanism. Note however that IE10 has enhanced security (that is, full CORS support), so it's good to upgrade when/if you have the chance.

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    Windows Phone 7.8 devices will never get IE10 so upgrading isn't really an option until the phone dies. XDomainRequest support is prefectly fine here, we're talking about watching videos here, not breaking into a bank.

Hey guys. I had this problem too, but I think i've figured this out. In the internet explorer settings choose website preference > desktop version. Despite buggy pairing code input (it adds more numbers with only one tap), it seems to work perfectly. I've tried this with Nokia Lumia 800 on my Phillips SmartTV and it worked.
    So good luck with trying this out, cause i dont think microsoft will fix that..:/

Ondra

Oh my! How come I never got this idea. This works indeed. Cool! Thank you very much for sharing!

For me setting it to desktopversion didnt work.
    Any other thougths?