Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Does anyone else sometimes get more of a "popping" sound when using the keyboard? It's difficult to explain. It seems to happen mostly on the first letter I type.

It's the keypress sounds. You can turn it off. Settings> Ringtones + Sounds look for check next to keypress sounds near the bottom.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I know how to turn them off :) I wad mainly curious about the varying popping sounds.

Just trying to help. The only thing I can think of as to that is to differentiate between certain key presses. I noticed a punctuation mark sounds different than a letter. Is that what you're referring to?
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I appreciate the help. I have noticed some being different especially the up arrow and delete keys. I think it's a glitch with my phone on the other popping sound. Oh well. The sound is fine when playing games and watching movies :)

autocorrect makes a different pop sound than regular typing - I actually find it really useful because I know to look up from the keyboard and make sure it didn't pull an iOS on me and change my "theater" to "Timbuktu" before sending.