Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrSean490
  • 1 Post By etrosce

Hi all,

I just read this: LG will not be releasing Windows Phone 7.8 for the LG E900 Optimus 7 | WMPoweruser

Is it possible for them to prevent the update? I was under the impression everyone on 7.5 got 7.8 straight from MS.

Simply outrageous....

LOL! Why am I not surprised, my Optimus 7 the most neglected of all WP7 phones won't get OEM updated. Screw it! I'll just get a custom ROM when it's out.

BTW! Why wouldn't the Optimus 7 get the update? It's not like it will be an OA update, it'll come through Zune directly from Microsoft right? Maybe we shouldn't make such a big deal of it yet, better wait until all the 7.8 cards are on the table.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    It's been out 2 years guys. I'm not outraged, it was to be expected. Doubt the Dell Venue Pro will see 7.8 either.

All the more reason to upgrade now.

Thanks that helps a lot for people who still have a year left on Contract and can't just upgrade to a new phone.

CoopII

I contacted LG last night to see if they would be releasing 7.8 for the Quantum, and got a very similar response. I've posted it in the LG Quantum forum. Wp7.8 possible unavailability for quantum

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    not surprised that Suckish LG will fail as usual

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Surprised because AFAIK, LG don't even have to lift a finger for this update. Same for Tango, which I DID get on my E900. They'd only have to do something if they wanted to update the actual firmware of the device which they didn't do when I got Tango.

Again, surprised and not fully believing it just yet.

EDIT: Completely off-topic, but I just realised this forum has a cool feature that defines what an abbreviation means. My "AFAIK" is underlined with its definition showing when you hover over it. Cool!
    HeyCori likes this.

Global Posts
    2,508 Global Posts
    guys don't fret. Microsoft could make this update available if they really want to. Same for Dell. Dells DID get Tango without any intervention from Dell. There is no new firmware to be had from either so this is just an OS update. The question is whether ATT will flip the switch. It is those F-ing bastards EVERYONE needs to be worried about.

why is lg e900 optimus not going to receive wp 7.8 update. if anything why should i even continue buying any windows phone.it costs alot of money to buy these phones.should i go for an android phone which i do not even like? i feel very stranded.all i want is a windows phone that is able to much up with at least most of the latest improvements . very sad day for me.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin sekonde View Post
    why is lg e900 optimus not going to receive wp 7.8 update. if anything why should i even continue buying any windows phone.it costs alot of money to buy these phones.should i go for an android phone which i do not even like? i feel very stranded.all i want is a windows phone that is able to much up with at least most of the latest improvements . very sad day for me.
    Unless you get a flagship Android phone then your chances of getting the latest update is slim. Furthermore, Microsoft is making the update available for all OEMs, but if LG isn't going to lift a finger then the solution is to stop supporting LG, not Windows Phone.

I'm currently (literally) updating my LG Optimus 7 with WP 7.8 via Zune....
    Thanked by:
    HeyCori likes this.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etrosce View Post
    I'm currently (literally) updating my LG Optimus 7 with WP 7.8 via Zune....
    Awesome. It seems like only carriers in the U.S. haven't released the update yet. Hopefully someone can confirm if U.S. carriers released it.

Updating now also.. Fantastic! Never thought I'd see it on this phone.

Both lg phones will receive the update, I currently have 7.8 on my LG optimus 7.