11-23-2012, 05:44 AM #1
- 15 Posts
I just read this: LG will not be releasing Windows Phone 7.8 for the LG E900 Optimus 7 | WMPoweruser
Is it possible for them to prevent the update? I was under the impression everyone on 7.5 got 7.8 straight from MS.
11-23-2012, 07:45 AM #3
- 61 Posts
LOL! Why am I not surprised, my Optimus 7 the most neglected of all WP7 phones won't get OEM updated. Screw it! I'll just get a custom ROM when it's out.
BTW! Why wouldn't the Optimus 7 get the update? It's not like it will be an OA update, it'll come through Zune directly from Microsoft right? Maybe we shouldn't make such a big deal of it yet, better wait until all the 7.8 cards are on the table.
- 11-24-2012, 12:57 AM #8
Surprised because AFAIK, LG don't even have to lift a finger for this update. Same for Tango, which I DID get on my E900. They'd only have to do something if they wanted to update the actual firmware of the device which they didn't do when I got Tango.
Again, surprised and not fully believing it just yet.
EDIT: Completely off-topic, but I just realised this forum has a cool feature that defines what an abbreviation means. My "AFAIK" is underlined with its definition showing when you hover over it. Cool!
- 11-24-2012, 07:29 PM #9
guys don't fret. Microsoft could make this update available if they really want to. Same for Dell. Dells DID get Tango without any intervention from Dell. There is no new firmware to be had from either so this is just an OS update. The question is whether ATT will flip the switch. It is those F-ing bastards EVERYONE needs to be worried about.
01-30-2013, 11:17 AM #10
- 1 Posts
why is lg e900 optimus not going to receive wp 7.8 update. if anything why should i even continue buying any windows phone.it costs alot of money to buy these phones.should i go for an android phone which i do not even like? i feel very stranded.all i want is a windows phone that is able to much up with at least most of the latest improvements . very sad day for me.
- 01-30-2013, 01:24 PM #11"Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM #13"Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- By Can94 in forum LG Optimus 7Replies: 10Last Post: 04-14-2013, 11:39 AM
- By Lundon44 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 33Last Post: 02-10-2013, 01:49 AM
- By ajua in forum HTC 8XReplies: 3Last Post: 11-03-2012, 11:23 PM
- By Eirenarch in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2012, 08:25 AM
- By buckeyeballer09 in forum General Tablet DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-07-2012, 03:40 AM