- 11-18-2012, 08:44 PM #1
Though he doesn't shy away from the fact that WP8 is the future.
Microsoft: Windows Phone 8 and 7.8 "to exist for quite some time"
"I would expect both platforms to exist for quite some time, from a global point of view. Windows Phone 7.8 devices will span much lower price points than Windows Phone 8 devices, initially, and given the application compatibility across the platforms, it makes the ecosystem stronger to have more device and more price points. We value every 7 and 7.8 customer we have; we'll continue to work for them as well but it is true that Windows Phone 8 is our future platform."Please read our Community Rules & Guidelines
11-18-2012, 11:43 PM #4
- 61 Posts
Yep. I agree with you. It seems at best that WP8 is at a "beta" level as far as stability is concerned. That is from hearing all the reports about people's experiences with it. I am sure though, that Microsoft will quickly address those issues with several updates over the next few months. They definitely won't want people reporting bad experiences with their Windows Phone 8 devices. After all, they want this platform and these devices to succeed in the marketplace. I think that will be the same with the WP 7.8 update. All the phones that will be out there, will all represent Microsoft, and the viability of their software and user experience.
- By hbg1 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 1Last Post: 11-15-2012, 02:33 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 09-09-2012, 12:43 AM
- By wilco9 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 14Last Post: 04-03-2012, 02:31 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 59Last Post: 03-03-2012, 08:23 AM
- By ursula#wp in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 09-28-2011, 09:26 AM