Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zolgi

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    New info, windows phone 7.8 update will come to Finland first in all Nokia Lumia 7.5 phones.
    Source is in finnish.
    Kaikki Lumiat päivittyvät kohta – Windows Phone 7.8 Suomeen ensimmäisten joukossa / Mobiili / Digitoday
    Last edited by zolgi; 11-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I read the translated page and it mentioned going through approval of the carriers now, which had been previously reported as being unnecessary. That's going to refresh fears and concerns about the 7.8 update not making it to AT&T Lumia 900's before the end of the year or anytime next year.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    I read the translated page and it mentioned going through approval of the carriers now, which had been previously reported as being unnecessary. That's going to refresh fears and concerns about the 7.8 update not making it to AT&T Lumia 900's before the end of the year or anytime next year.
    That´s right but in Finland carries doesn´t modify the phone software like in US or other countries.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,112 Global Posts
    I read somewhere that 7.8 was out now for Nokia Lumia phones in China.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I read somewhere that 7.8 was out now for Nokia Lumia phones in China.
    I read they are testing it in China.
    palandri likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Since WP8 devices aren't being sold yet here in the states and AT&T probably wants to protect their investment in the Lumia 920 and other devices that they will be selling for the holiday blitz, the chances of getting the official Lumia 900 7.8 update before December are extremely slim. I'd love to see the update land before Christmas, but I think AT&T will still want people opening up new Lumia 920's versus getting updates to their less than a year old Lumia 900's.

Global Posts
    2,442 Global Posts
    Finland - Check
    Lumia - No check :( Damn Omnia 7 :D Can't complain, got this for free though and it goes to my fiancee when I get the 920.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zolgi View Post
    I read they are testing it in China.
    LOL! Maybe that was it. Since it was China I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. :D
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Over the past four-five hours there have been links showing the 7.8 software being live on the Lumia 900 in China. Doesn't mean that we are getting 7.8 tomorrow or the day after. It doesn't even mean that China's build will resemble the final build released here in the states. It's possible they have a stripped down version for the sake of eliminating access to certain things. They are a communist country after all.

Just read a little from that article and the MS rep basically says that they don't want to confuse potential WP8 buyers with having two very similar interfaces to choose from when WP8 devices are the ones they will be focusing on. I guess it's ready but they're withholding on purpouse. I can clearly see his point, doesn't suck any less for us 7.5:ers out there though. :( At least my gf will get it early on her 610, me and my LG have to wait I guess *double sad face*.

Global Posts
    3,458 Global Posts
    How would releasing WP 7.8 be confusing to potential WP8 buyers? Selling WP7.8 devices in stores maybe, but releasing the update to people who have a WP device, is going to confuse someone who doesn't. I don't get that logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by addman View Post
    Just read a little from that article and the MS rep basically says that they don't want to confuse potential WP8 buyers with having two very similar interfaces to choose from when WP8 devices are the ones they will be focusing on. I guess it's ready but they're withholding on purpouse. I can clearly see his point, doesn't suck any less for us 7.5:ers out there though. :( At least my gf will get it early on her 610, me and my LG have to wait I guess *double sad face*.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr