Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TGBmark1234

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Hi,

I've had a six month trial of Spotify and have learnt to love streaming pretty much any song on demand. My trial is over now and free Spotify doesn't support mobile usage.

So, thinking ahead a little to when my contract ends in Feb next year, is Nokia Music comparable to Spotify? If it is then it would sway me towards one of the Nokia phones instead of HTC/Samsung.

Can I search for and play any song with Nokia Music? Is the selection as good as Spotify? Can I create playlists? Is there a PC client?

Or is there another service I should be looking at instead?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    No, Spotify is much better than Nokia Music. Nokia Music is more of a Pandora replacement. You should look into a Zune pass. That will do everything that Spotify does. You can search for and play any song. It has a great selection. You can create playlist. There is a desktop client.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    That's interesting, thanks.

Xbox Music = 9/month, Spotify = 10. At least Xbox is a quid cheaper!
  4. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    If you are a student*, spotify is 4 a month.

* Or if you can get hold of a student ID card :P

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    :)

My cousin is at Uni, but is already using his NUS discount to get Spotify on his iPhone. (Bl**dy students, I could never have afforded things like that when I was a student!)
  6. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    Having said that - spotify absolutely blows on WP - not a patch on Zune/Xbox music.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    That's true. The Spotify app is a sick joke. It's more of a surprise when it doesn't crash on you.

Quote Originally Posted by TGBmark1234 View Post
    That's true. The Spotify app is a sick joke. It's more of a surprise when it doesn't crash on you.
    FWIW, I'm using the HTC HD7 on T-Mo and it hasn't crashed on me once...

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Wow, you are lucky. On my Omnia 7 I literally do expect it to crash when being used. The music will keep playing, but it throws me back to the start screen and needs reloading.

Global Posts
    2,545 Global Posts
    the Omnia 7 is a hot mess that's why.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ???

What do you mean by that? I've had mine for 18 months now and still really like it. By the time I'd my previous phone 6 months I was ready to throw it into the canal behind work.
    jenjen4u likes this.
    Spotify works flawless on my trophy, prefer lastfm though.

???

What do you mean by that? I've had mine for 18 months now and still really like it. By the time I'd my previous phone 6 months I was ready to throw it into the canal behind work.
    I know i love my omnia7 too but time for me to try out a nokia wp, and part of the reason why i want nokia is the free Nokia Music thingy, it is free right? also does it have a big selection of music?

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I love the interface. but adding songs as a favorite causes my app to crash EVERY TIME.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I love the interface. but adding songs as a favorite causes my app to crash EVERY TIME.
    I'm almost cheering that someone is reporting Spotify crashing, and isn't on an Omnia 7! I was starting to think inteller was right and that the Omnia is in some way busted.