Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    Do you think that 7.8 will be released alongside 8 devices, or will it come shortly after?

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Microsoft said WP 7.8 will come after the launch of WP8.
    Thanked by:
    ibbyj 

Any update on this???
    Developer

Nokia Brazil said it being released Q1 2013, it might be earlier for other devices.

I won't wait on it though, you might be waiting a LONG time :P

Not sure the wait is going to be worth it personally. MS have shown with the original Xbox, that as soon as new hardware hits, they will drop support for the older stuff in a heartbeat.

Smartglass is showing that WP7.5 isn't a priority. Of the games I have tried functionality on, none work properly as you either need WP8 or an iPhone.

Rather depressing that as a WP7.5 user, I can't access features that are readily available to iPhone owners. Well done Microsoft for already alienating those of us who bought Windows Phones and tried to make it a success :/
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,406 Global Posts
    I don't get it... MS drop all support for us, yet readily support other platforms better than us... Are they trying to make their phone OS fail? I'm still sticking it out for now but if MS don't change things I may move to a Nexus phone...

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Windows 7.8 will have the new lock screen and start screen as well as a bunch of other wp8 features, worth it to me.

Don't get the nexus 4. They had to bench mark it n a freezer because it heats up and slows down as the quadcore isn't working right...

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

I think MS acts like they own the market like with Windows PC. They think there is no competition around. I bought my WP a year ago and I regret that decision. We should receive WP8 upgrade. 7.8 is already an insult, the delay is another one, other phones receive upgrade with new OS almost every year and has 7 times more apps.

Actually, tablets and phones working together are better with other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo Credes View Post
    I think MS acts like they own the market like with Windows PC. They think there is no competition around. I bought my WP a year ago and I regret that decision. We should receive WP8 upgrade. 7.8 is already an insult, the delay is another one, other phones receive upgrade with new OS almost every year and has 7 times more apps.

Actually, tablets and phones working together are better with other companies.
    don't go to android then cause its pretty similar.

Its a competitive market bro.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express