Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sconrad308

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Hey, everyone,

For the past few months, I've been seeing quite a few WP7 devices around town. Our regional carrier, MTS, recently added the Lumia 710 to their lineup, and I guess it's been seen as a low-cost well performing smartphone, and has been adopted by many.

Anyways, today I saw 3 Lumia 710s, a 610 AND a 900! Oddly enough, Nokia devices are the only WPs currently available on most carriers here in Canada, but I've seen quite a few of them around.

How often do you guys generally see WPs out in the wild, and what brand/model do you see most often?
    Never. I've yet to see one other than mine.

Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I have family who bought WPs after seeing mine, but I have only seen a few in the wild.
    In my neighborhood in Queens, NY, I've only seen two Windows Phones. One is my best friend's - she has a Lumia 710. The other was most likely an HTC Radar that someone in her apartment building had when I was passing her by on the stairs one evening. I didn't get a long look at the phone, but it was white and she had pink tiles going on. :P Usually I only see iPhones (especially when I go to concerts in the City, oddly enough) and Android phones.

I have seen two...my friend and his girlfriends 710. Other than that none...hopefully I may get one soon (Looking at you cyan/grey 920 :p)

Well, my brother has one. Other than that I've seen a few lumia 900s.

Can feel proud that I made my family members and some friend bought a windows devices bc iblet them play with and they decided to buy a wp most of them are really happy except for me crush.... she is a ***** to me so its careless to me if she likes it or not lol

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I've seen a few of them actually. Not nearly as many iPhones and Androids.

But I know that one of my employees just bought the Lumia 900 for her husband and she currently has an iPhone. However, after playing with his 900 and me showing her some things on my Focus Flash she is already saying she is going to get a WP when she is due for an upgrade.

Another co-worker was in my office the other day and saw my phone and asked me about it. She has just bought an iPhone and after seeing mine took it back to wait for the WP8 to be released.
    Samsung Focus Flash on Straight Talk.
    metalchick719 likes this.

I work in an airport and in the last year theres been a huge increase with people with wp7 phones most of them are nokia. I have yet to see a Samsung one

Here in Holland I'm seeing more and more Windows Phones actually. A few days ago, I was riding the train and there were four people with Nokia Lumia's in my coach.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Besides my lumia 900, my coworker currently has a White Lumia 900, and I saw about 6-7 Lumia 900's while on vacation at disneyland while waiting in line for various rides a few months ago.