This is posted as a warning to anyone that has a Xbox gamertag and a family account.
    Even though you sign up for things such as Zune using your email address and have it associated to a gamertag, then change gamertags for whatever reason (just to start over with your gamerscore for instance) you loose your Zune account, all WP purchases made through the marketplace, or any other MS purchases are tied to your GAMERTAG instead of the MS account (email). I recently found this out the hard way.

Speaking to the Xbox Live family account.
    The primary (first gamertag tied to the family account) is the only one that can buy a Zune pass, even though the account is listed as an adult in the dashboard settings. My wife found this out. Do not put your child as the primary for sure.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Xbox support trying to work this out. GAMERTAGS trump everything. The only way to work around this is to promote the gamertag, then you loose your Xbox gold affiliation.

It is MS way of selling the $60 individual memberships.

The fact everything is tied to your gamertag is no supprise. This has been known for like 5 years, the ability to change the email against a gamertag has been there for years too.

The issues with family accounts have been moaned about for years on the Xbox forums. Its a great idea, but Microsoft still can't make the account match everyones needs after a couple of years. Its a shame because I'd sign up for one if they sorted some of the simple issues.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express