Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrSean490
  1.    #1  
    Hey all

    Can anyone help me, my marketplace has not updated with the new what's hot music apps nothing it still has Ibiza rocks as the music and monstafish as the app and has done for at least 3 weeks where for at the moment my sons Mozart has different. I have a HTC titan on 8773. Any ideas how to get it updating again other than a hard reset?

    Regards
  2. MrSean490's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #2  
    Dunno, my marketplace hasn't updated for now 1 month. No new app update notifications. The thing is I know for a fact apps have updated cos I've seen news stories about them being updated, but the marketplace tile remains dead. Maybe one day it'll shock back into life and the tile will explode with all the updates there, but as of right now... zilch.
  3. Gergolos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    218 Posts
    #3  
    Heya

    Some thoughts of mine:

    1) Did you try to restart the phone? I know...it's kind of basic, but can help a lot!
    2) Are you using the WIFI Connection only? Or is your phone being updated through the cellular network? (UMTS, 3G, 4G and so on)
    3) Try to have the cellular 3G-connection activated for at least 24 hours.

    My phone updates the marketplace during the night. So if I activate the cellular connection only during the day or use WIFI-only, it can happen that I don't get any marketplace updates.

    Hope I could help.

    Greetz

    Gergolos
    Thanked by:
  4. MrSean490's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gergolos View Post
    3) Try to have the cellular 3G-connection activated for at least 24 hours.

    My phone updates the marketplace during the night. So if I activate the cellular connection only during the day or use WIFI-only, it can happen that I don't get any marketplace updates.

    Hope I could help.

    Greetz

    Gergolos

    Cool, thanks for the tip - I haven't given that a go & that might be the problem. I usually put my phone into airplane mode when I go to bed and during late afternoons/evenings it's on the WiFi which deactivates when the phone is idle anyway.
  5. speedtouch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,136 Global Posts
    #5  
    I was going to recommend a similar thing. I didn't get any updates on my Lumia 710 for well over a month. Then one morning I woke up and there were 10 updates ready. I realized that I left the WiFi on all night (not 3G/4G, it was off) and I left my phone plugged into to the charger all night as well. As I understand it, leaving the phone charging will allow WiFi to remain turned on. I guess my phone needed all night long to finally check for updates.
    Lumia 620
  6. MrSean490's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I was going to recommend a similar thing. I didn't get any updates on my Lumia 710 for well over a month. Then one morning I woke up and there were 10 updates ready. I realized that I left the WiFi on all night (not 3G/4G, it was off) and I left my phone plugged into to the charger all night as well. As I understand it, leaving the phone charging will allow WiFi to remain turned on. I guess my phone needed all night long to finally check for updates.
    Ok so I left the 3G data & WiFi on overnight and wow - it actually worked!

    The marketplace tile has updated and the number of app updates are .... 36!!!! That's a month's worth of updates for ya.

    Cheers guys, glad we worked this mystery out.
    speedtouch likes this.
  7. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,134 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,198 Global Posts
    #7  
    Glad thats working for you now! I got 4 updates today during the day!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
  8. speedtouch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,136 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSean490 View Post
    Ok so I left the 3G data & WiFi on overnight and wow - it actually worked!

    The marketplace tile has updated and the number of app updates are .... 36!!!! That's a month's worth of updates for ya.

    Cheers guys, glad we worked this mystery out.
    Hey, all right! Glad it worked. But the real question is why does that work? And why do we need to do it?
    Lumia 620
  9.    #9  
    Still not working its been what 9 months now and my featured music hasn't updated but everything else has, any devs have any idea WP support dont bar hard reset :-(
  10. SamvelWP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #10  
    It may sound strange, but for me issue fixed after uninstalling one of weather apps. I had 2 with the same name (one from weather channel and other from Microsoft). I was not receiving updates for more than 1 month. After uninstalling I received 24 updates, and already 1 week I am receiving updates every day.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B