Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree23Likes
  • 7 Post By btbam91
  • 2 Post By palandri
  • 7 Post By btbam91
  • 1 Post By TMavC5
  • 3 Post By 4hab
  • 1 Post By justop26
  • 2 Post By palandri

Nokia Lumia 900 in black! I can't wait to show him how to use it!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,112 Global Posts
    If he's never had a smartphone before, there will be a learning curve, so be patient.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    cckgz4 and Laura Knotek like this.

Just a quick update. My Dad is LOVING his phone! He said the screen is so nice (coming from a feature phone). He's still learning how to use it, but he's getting the hang of it. I showed him Office+Skydrive, and how he doesn't have to email files to himself from work anymore.

With my Dad getting a NL900...

Me: Focus S
    gf: Focus
    Brother: Focus
    Brother: NL900
    Brother: Titan
    Sister in law: Focus
    Dad: NL900
    Thanked by:
    jfa1, palandri, HeyCori and 4 others like this.

Wow, entire family on WP! That's AWESOME!!!!!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    snowmutt likes this.

Quite an awesome family :D I'm also promoting WP a lot. 4 of my friends are WP users now. They all like their device. (2x Omnia 7, 2x Mozart)
    HeyCori, snowmutt and btbam91 like this.

Awesome to read your posts, OP. That's something I'm trying to achieve in my family. Come Christmas, my Focus will be my mother's, my sister will get a mid-end Nokia and I'll get a Nokia high-end pone (Pureview, hopefully!)

Spread WP!
    btbam91 likes this.

Both my brothers (NL900, Titan) and my GF will be upgrading to the high end Nokia this holiday season. My brother said he would give me his NL900... but I don't know if it's totally worth it unless 7.8 has a valid back up solution...

EDIT: Actually, I completely forgot. My sister-in-law will also upgrade to the high end Nokia.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    Both my brothers (NL900, Titan) and my GF will be upgrading to the high end Nokia this holiday season. My brother said he would give me his NL900... but I don't know if it's totally worth it unless 7.8 has a valid back up solution...

EDIT: Actually, I completely forgot. My sister-in-law will also upgrade to the high end Nokia.
    The Microsoft Marketing Department should hire you.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt and btbam91 like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,870 Global Posts
    Glad he's enjoying it. Amazing that you got the whole family on WP. Were any of them on iPhone or Android prior?

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    1,788 Global Posts
    Just a quick update. My Dad is LOVING his phone! He said the screen is so nice (coming from a feature phone). He's still learning how to use it, but he's getting the hang of it. I showed him Office+Skydrive, and how he doesn't have to email files to himself from work anymore.

With my Dad getting a NL900...

Me: Focus S
    gf: Focus
    Brother: Focus
    Brother: NL900
    Brother: Titan
    Sister in law: Focus
    Dad: NL900
    "We are (WP) fam-uh-lee..."
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    well I just sold my iphone/ipad...I bought a acer w500 (will load windows 8 on it) and got a htc trophy...and hope windows 8 comes out soon for verizon, as I NEED APPS lol.

Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    Glad he's enjoying it. Amazing that you got the whole family on WP. Were any of them on iPhone or Android prior?
    We have always been a Microsoft/Windows family. But my brother owned an iPhone OG before he got a Focus (and then a NL900). And my other brother had a tilt, iPhone 3gs, then the Titan.

Global Posts
    2,267 Global Posts
    We have always been a Microsoft/Windows family. But my brother owned an iPhone OG before he got a Focus (and then a NL900). And my other brother had a tilt, iPhone 3gs, then the Titan.
    Since you are a MS/ Windows family. are they looking forward to Windows 8 devices then?

Global Posts
    3,220 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Wow. Great to hear that.

I am working on friends and co-workers, but I think there will be some better responses to WP once Verizon picks a couple up. They are so much larger in my area than AT&T (no T-Mo).

What a great situation you and your family are in. Microsoft will have your sales commision check in the mail to you soon, I am sure.....
    Before posting anything, please be sure to get the facts straight. You can always distort them to your liking later.

Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    Since you are a MS/ Windows family. are they looking forward to Windows 8 devices then?
    My brother (NL900) and I are looking to buy the Surface RT. My lawyer bro (Titan) will probably end up with the Surface Pro. Between the 3 of us, we plan to upgrade our current computers to Windows 8 as well.