Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. m0scs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi

    I have noticed this from yesterday. I receive a notification on my Me Tile of new pics posted by friends but when I go to view them get a message

    "Cant get picture. It may be connection issue (you can try again later). Someone elses picture? It may be an issue with their privacy settings"

    Never had this issue before and on going into the Poeple Hub the pictures are not showing their either. No issues on the FB app or with text update notifications from the Me Tile which are discplayed as normal.

    Anyone else had this isse or have a solution?

    Cheers

    UPDATE

    Seems that uninstalling and reinstalling the facebook account resolves the problem, well for me anyway, although this didnt work yesterday!!
    Last edited by m0scs; 08-13-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Update to problem
  2. Nitrolx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #2  
    I'm also having this problem on Lumia 800.

    I only got the phone yesterday though so it has always been this way for me. I didn't have any previous experience of it working to say whether it was a new problem or this feature has never worked.

    Every photo I go to in the notifications section of the Me tile gives that error. (on Facebook pics, I don't use twitter).
  3. m0scs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrolx View Post
    I'm also having this problem on Lumia 800.

    I only got the phone yesterday though so it has always been this way for me. I didn't have any previous experience of it working to say whether it was a new problem or this feature has never worked.

    Every photo I go to in the notifications section of the Me tile gives that error. (on Facebook pics, I don't use twitter).
    Hi Nitrolx

    No its only appeared as a problem for me since yesterday, no previous issues with my HD7 for the last 18 months. I expect it has something Facebook has changed at its end, although its strange its only affecting viewing pictures and not general facebook status updates
  4. m0scs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #4  
    This issue is a strange one. If I go into my people hub and select the friend who posted the pics and look at whats new just for them, the pics can be seen?
  5. Nitrolx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #5  
    Mine are notifications of comments on my own photos, so they are photos i've posted to my own wall, so there shouldn't be any permission issues there??

    Same error for each one. Can't get picture.
  6. Andie102's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #6  
    Exactly the same for me. Recently changed fb password so thought it was that. Been driving me crazy. Also seems to be a glitch with notifications. All work ok on the people hub but not on me tile
  7. nogaranob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #7  
    Guess a lot of people are having the same issue. I got crazy that I couldn't make it work. I even did a hard reset so I lost all my apps, messages, photos, music, videos. Had to sync everything again. Even checked my FB and Windows Live permissions and allowed everything. Still it was a no go. It was so frustrating. :mad:
  8. gentry33's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #8  
    Facebook seemed to be having problems all over the place. Couldn't access on my pc either seems to work this a.m., links from FB not so good. Damn their servers are slow.
  9. chataddicted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0scs View Post
    Hi

    I have noticed this from yesterday. I receive a notification on my Me Tile of new pics posted by friends but when I go to view them get a message

    "Cant get picture. It may be connection issue (you can try again later). Someone elses picture? It may be an issue with their privacy settings"

    Never had this issue before and on going into the Poeple Hub the pictures are not showing their either. No issues on the FB app or with text update notifications from the Me Tile which are discplayed as normal.

    Anyone else had this isse or have a solution?

    Cheers
    same problem here... dont worry dear. probably this is world wide problem for windows phone. you hv 2 wait. these problem may be solved after some time automatically. plz dont delet or formate anything.... it will solve automatically...
  10. usacic's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #10  
    I have been having the same issues, I talked to ATT and they dont seem to have any idea of whats going on (they are actually sending me a new phone).

    The issue is NOT device specific, I have a Samsung Focus, a Focus S and the Nokia Lumia 900 and they area all sporting that issue. I did a Factory reset on my Lumia and no results, I started my Focus S and did all the initial setup from a fresh start and the issue was there. I use my focus as a back up and it also didnt work.

    Hopefully they will be able to fix it soon Because my me tile is the one I use the most.
    Last edited by usacic; 08-12-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Just fixing some spelling errors...
  11. usacic's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #11  
    The Me tile seems to be functional again guys... it is working on all of my devices..
    !!
  12. Andie102's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #12  
    photos still not working but yes me tile updates ok!
  13. Nitrolx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie102 View Post
    photos still not working but yes me tile updates ok!
    same here. Well the pics aren't working. Not sure about notifications either they don't seem to work.
  14. richmed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #14  
    This is annoying.... we need to get this to work as it is the main feature of Windows Phone.
    If these issues continue, the confidence in Windows Phone will be near 'death' for the next deployment. Please GET ON IT!
    :mad:
  15. Xerxes10's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    #15  
    Same thing happened to me yesterday on my Lumia 900. I thought is it was I had coincidentally "locked down" my FB privacy settings, but looks like a universal issue. Mine is back to normal, notifications and pictures both working.
  16. Nitrolx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #16  
    Mine wasn't working until I removed and re added my Facebook account and now it seems to be working again now???
  17. m0scs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrolx View Post
    Mine wasn't working until I removed and re added my Facebook account and now it seems to be working again now???
    Hi Nitrlx

    I tried removing FB account and reinstalling yesterday but no joy, just tried it again today and it has fixed the problem and now able to see pics others post from my Me Tile. Suggest everyone with this problem also tries this.
  18. freypal's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0scs View Post
    Hi Nitrlx

    I tried removing FB account and reinstalling yesterday but no joy, just tried it again today and it has fixed the problem and now able to see pics others post from my Me Tile. Suggest everyone with this problem also tries this.
    I've had this problem for a few days. I deleted and re-added my FB account today and it worked. Thanks!
  19. Andie102's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #19  
    I haven't reinstalled FB but me tile now fully functional. Seems to have been resolved. Irritating to not know exactly what the issue was tho.
  20. Nataku4ca's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    419 Posts
    #20  
    ooohhhhh, u guys have a fix :) i've had this for a couple days now and didn't even think to check the forums, i'll try that when i get home

    just curious, any one tried to just resync fb instead?

Posting Permissions

B