Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By scottcraft
  • 1 Post By Big Supes
  • 1 Post By Thuoudo
  • 2 Post By gwydionjhr

Global Posts
    2,147 Global Posts
    Will Windows Phone 8 also have support for 1080p? - Neowin

I find this ok is that Microsoft is going to the limit with it's screen and cores seroiusl. but I don't get the point of 1080p right now. maybe they want to get the Spec hungry users. I think Samsung, htc and Nokia should do their phone currently with the standard resolution. Then do a upgraded version of their phones. Like what Samsung did to the s2 sky rocket. But the prob of 1080p is dat it's a waste of battery. (which you guys know) so what do u think of this. and is it the right thing to do? For is way android couldn't solve it. But I hope Microsoft and wp send android to rot in **** with it's specs in wp8. If they do it of course. I think people will pick the resolution Standard because of cheapness and for 1080p for te specs guys an girls. BUT MICROSOFT WILL FIND A SOLUTION 4 THIS : ) Please don't mistake me a troll. I love Microsoft's products especially w8 and wp. Soowwee for making no sense
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 06-03-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    What's wrong with having support for it? Will mean there are less growing pains in future.

Global Posts
    2,147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    What's wrong with having support for it? Will mean there are less growing pains in future.
    I know but 1080p is known for battery drain advanced. I don't know If it's either battery saver or specs for Microsoft. I know we could be first for a 1080p phone. Which is good for us. But I'm concerned about the battery life. Do you think will solve the problem with bringing specs and battery save together?
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 06-03-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,344 Global Posts
    We don't "need" it, but it sure would be nice. I am very interested in a high resolution screen for my next phone. The majority of high end smart phones coming out now have high resolution screens, so it's only natural the Microsoft would follow suit with Windows Phone.
    trumpet116 likes this.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    A 1080p screen is a $120-150 upgrade on laptops (those which are already about $1000)...can't imagine how much that would add to manufacturing costs. $600 phone outright?

The super ironic part is most people using 13-15" laptops have a terrible 1366 x 768 screen, while their less-than-5" device would be FHD and all would be totally right in the world :P
    Press it...press it for glory!
    L900W: 8779, warranty replacement from Nokia
    Former: Focus S, Focus
    I know it would take a LOT of power to push all those pixels... Could be we see 720p screens but the device has HDMI out with true 1080p.... That would be cool.

HDMI out, please!!! :)
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    scottcraft likes this.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    That's no phone... it's a TABLET. ;)
    at&t fired up LTE in my area only 1 year later than promised!

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I would be happy if by WP8 they can design a camera on par with the iPhone 4S.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Thumbs.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRentTechGuy View Post
    I would be happy if by WP8 they can design a camera on par with the iPhone 4S.

Don't we have several? I'm inclined to believe at least the Titan II is superior. Anyways, the iPhones camera is really the work of Sony.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    The lumia camera was supposed to be but I have heard a lot of complaining about that, don't know about the titan, have an Arrive. I love WP but come on, an antiquated camera API helps no one.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    if they dont give us the best ,

people will bash for not making it better like they do with WP.

ooh only 720p ... well what if i want 1080p some day?
    then will --> *face palm*
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    4K or WP8 is a failure :D
    Press it...press it for glory!
    L900W: 8779, warranty replacement from Nokia
    Former: Focus S, Focus
    JPDVM2014 likes this.

I think it's a sign that Windows and Windows Phone are converging. They're likely sharing a lot of underlying code. So support for something in one may result in the same support in the other.

It is overkill for a phone; even if it had a 5" screen.

Global Posts
    3,255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    Will Windows Phone 8 also have support for 1080p? - Neowin

I find this ok is that Microsoft is going to the limit with it's screen and cores seroiusl. but I don't get the point of 1080p right now. maybe they want to get the Spec hungry users. I think Samsung, htc and Nokia should do their phone currently with the standard resolution. Then do a upgraded version of their phones. Like what Samsung did to the s2 sky rocket. But the prob of 1080p is dat it's a waste of battery. (which you guys know) so what do u think of this. and is it the right thing to do? For is way android couldn't solve it. But I hope Microsoft and wp send android to rot in **** with it's specs in wp8. If they do it of course. I think people will pick the resolution Standard because of cheapness and for 1080p for te specs guys an girls. BUT MICROSOFT WILL FIND A SOLUTION 4 THIS : ) Please don't mistake me a troll. I love Microsoft's products especially w8 and wp. Soowwee for making no sense
    I wouldn't get in a tizzy that someone spotted a prototype device browsing their site. It means nothing other than MS is testing it in some form. They test thousands of things that never make it out.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Isn't 1080p on a 4-5" phone beyond what we can see with the naked eye anyway? What would be the point?
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Bring On WP8!

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gwydionjhr View Post
    What would be the point?
    Scoreboard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scoreboard.jpg  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    YES. If for no other reason, to compete with phones that do have it. I love my arrive. But the biggest complaints non-WP people talk about are "SPECS" and "APPS" I know WP runs smoother than any other platform and the apps that most of NEED are there but people still complain about that.

Just reached 100,000 apps! WHOOOHOOO

Once we are on equal footing in those two aspects, what will they complain about then???

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I never understand why people complain about innovation. Of COURSE we don't NEED it! We don't NEED Facebook, Twitter, WP Central, etc. Heck, we don't even NEED cameras on our phones, or even phones at all! But they're nice, right? So I think 1080p on a phone would be awesome if the processor can handle it. I would love if screens could be pixel-free even if I shove my nose up to the screen. Even if you don't feel that way, the spec race is on, so why WOULDN'T Microsoft join in, even just to shut everyone up?

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Borrowed from the Verge Forums....

Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Bring On WP8!

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gwydionjhr View Post
    Borrowed from the Verge Forums....
    LOL @ "pee pee eye"