Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    hi guys

i have a HTC 7 pro and love the phone due to its slide out keyboard feature. but i do have an issue with i buy things from live onilne auction ( not ebay ) and the site i use needs flash player to work. this phone does not support flash so i am unable to buy while on the move,

does anyone know how i can get flash to work on this phone or get a work around to allow the sites to work as i really dont want to replace the phone.

anyone have a date when flash will work on the windows phones,

thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by sut1576 View Post
    hi guys

i have a HTC 7 pro and love the phone due to its slide out keyboard feature. but i do have an issue with i buy things from live onilne auction ( not ebay ) and the site i use needs flash player to work. this phone does not support flash so i am unable to buy while on the move,

does anyone know how i can get flash to work on this phone or get a work around to allow the sites to work as i really dont want to replace the phone.

anyone have a date when flash will work on the windows phones,

thanks for any help.
    Flash is never gonna happen. What site are you using?
  3. Los

Yea flash is never gonna happen. It's even dead on android phones. To my understanding even new android phones don't support flash on the browser anymore

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    Yea flash is never gonna happen. It's even dead on android phones. To my understanding even new android phones don't support flash on the browser anymore
    Its the otherway around. Adobe no longer supports Android. Or more specifically, Adobe no longer supports mobile devices, which includes Android, WP, iOS, Symbian, etc.
  5. Los

Either way, it's dead and not on any mobile platform

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I wish websites would just switch to HTML already. Then we wont have a need for a mobile version or webkit or whatever else.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    Flash is never gonna happen. What site are you using?
    thed the site i am using is the salesroom.com.

i have a sony ericsson xperia play ( well my son does ) and that supports flash and runs the site with no issues. but i cant keep taking his phone.

so from reading above if flash is not going to get mobile support where does that leave us all as most sites run flash does these mean phone browsing is goingto stop ? i cant see that happening,

so anyone know how i can run these sites now as the phones are getting better each week yet i cant seem to run basic features from them like wedsites,
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sut1576 View Post
    so from reading above if flash is not going to get mobile support where does that leave us all as most sites run flash does these mean phone browsing is goingto stop ? i cant see that happening
    No, most sites do not run Flash and as has been said, Adobe itself has abandoned mobile Flash development. Apple has always refused to support it because it's garbage that slows the phone down and sucks up battery life, this is the same reason Windows Phone doesn't support it. Android supports it because Google does not care about controlling the absolute quality of the end user experience the way Apple and Microsoft do.

Flash doesn't even work all that great on computers. Try running a bunch of flash apps on a laptop and watch it get hotter and hotter and the battery life drop. This is why some browsers even have plug-ins to disable Flash.

Adobe is finally accepting that Flash sucks and they are working on a whole new platform called Adobe AIR. They are probably going to let Flash linger on the desktop for a while yet because some developers are lazy and it's going to take forever to eradicate that garbage from the Internet, but AIR will probably replace Flash there too eventually.

So where it leaves us is, if web developers want their sites to be accessible to the ever increasing number of mobile users, they are going to have to walk away from Flash, or at the bare minimum, make alternate mobile sites that don't use it (MANY already do this) or develop smartphone apps to give the user a better experience than any website would.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I think there's an app that downloads flash videos and converts it to something the phone understands or something like that. Its in the videos section of the app marketplace.

Though I've never used it. . . .

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Looked it up. It's called Flashvideo for WP7. Maybe that will work for you.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    flash = replaced by HTML5

all sites are switching , like anything it takes time. only BIG sites started support for HTML5.

like when WP will get dual-core .. ist actually gona be worst for your phone till they actually start developing and optimizing apps/OS for Dual-core support....

like anything it takes time!!!
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    30,754 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    OP, it looks like that site is dead anyway. The domain name is for sale.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    OP, it looks like that site is dead anyway. The domain name is for sale.

Click to view quoted image
    I think he is refering to this one: the-saleroom.com - Bid online at real auctions