Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Los
  • 2 Post By socialcarpet

Global Posts
    1,319 Global Posts
    he evn went as far to personally write steve ballmer himself, who posted it to their site... great stuff

Letter to Microsoft professes an Apple fanboy’s love for the Lumia 900
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx
  2. Los

There's been a lot of hate here for the Lumia but WP is going to be successful because of Nokia. WP is finally getting the attention it deserves. No one cared before Nokia came. I noticed a change in peoples perception of WP now, even within my friends and family. They are all android users but they really like my Lumia 900. They never cared about WP before. At least 3 of them are considering a switch. The partnership with Nokia might have been the single most important business move MS has made for the platform. It looks like it's going to pay off for both MS and Nokia
    mworsham likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    There's been a lot of hate here for the Lumia but WP is going to be successful because of Nokia. WP is finally getting the attention it deserves. No one cared before Nokia came. I noticed a change in peoples perception of WP now, even within my friends and family. They are all android users but they really like my Lumia 900. They never cared about WP before. At least 3 of them are considering a switch. The partnership with Nokia might have been the single most important business move MS has made for the platform. It looks like it's going to pay off for both MS and Nokia
    I agree 100%

I'd say the three most important decisions Microsoft made for the future of Windows Phone are (in no particular order):

1.) The partnership with Nokia
    2.) Renewed effort to push for development, offering to pay development costs
    3.) Tying Windows Phone 8 to Windows 8 in terms of Metro UI and interoperability
    mworsham and Los like this.