Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Below is my email and their response. Seems like a blow off to me. I am still looking for a good streaming source. I kind of like spotify but Pandora was just so easy to jump into a playlist. It's not nearly as easy with Spotify.. I'll keep looking though.

David | Pandora
    MAY 14, 2012 | 03:11PM PDT
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the Windows Phone and our lack of an app for it.

We are focused on making Pandora the best music-streaming service available, so we will definitely keep your input in mind as we continue to work on our site.

Thanks for your help!

Best,
    David
    Listener Support
    PANDORA® internet radio
    Need help? Pandora | Help
    ------------------------------------------------------
    How helpful was my reply?
    Lack of mobile support
    MAY 14, 2012 | 10:59AM PDT
    Original message
    I am sure this email won't go to anyone that cares but I feel like I should send it anyways.

I just turned off my auto subscription to Pandora due to lack of support for the Windows Phone mobile platform. I am also making sure to never recommend anyone use Pandora for their music streaming for that reason.

There really is no excuse not to support as many platforms as possible. Several developers have shown how easy it is to make an app to stream Pandora on Windows Phone and I am sure they would be more than willing to work with engineers at Pandora to make an official app at a very small expense.

Windows Phone has well over 10,000,000 users and is growing rapidly in the US due to the new Lumia line. Missing out on all those potential customers is foolish.

Well, I am off to listen to Spotify now. Their Windows Phone client is great! It has a great metro look and works perfectly.

I very much enjoyed Pandora while it lasted but I guess all good things come to an end.

Thank you for years of good music,
    Haven't you heard the good news?

Pandora confirms they are not working on a Windows Phone client (yet) | WMPoweruser

Show them how much you care by supporting another service like Spotify or Zune.

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts
    Zune pass/smartDJ works for me.

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I sent a very similar email just a few weeks ago. Good job! More people need to do this.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    once again folks....PANDORA IS NOT ALL THAT! Those of you feigning for this app REALLY need to give Slacker, last.fm, and Soundtracker a try. If you HAVE to have a pay service, Zune Pass is your best bet due to the phone integration.

I have Zune pass, as I had it for 5 years but the SmartDJ could use a little tweaking. I've used other internet music clients such as Last.FM, Slacker, etc. The 3rd party Pandora client MetroRadio works the best in my opinion. To me, the music library Pandora has is suberb. This is why I will continue to use Pandora, but when the API is broke, I use Slacker.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    once again folks....PANDORA IS NOT ALL THAT! Those of you feigning for this app REALLY need to give Slacker, last.fm, and Soundtracker a try. If you HAVE to have a pay service, Zune Pass is your best bet due to the phone integration.
    Slacker Radio is just awful. Not only is laggy, its downright dangerous. I almost had a car accident trying to get the dumb thing to work. I have a love tile on today's hits. I should only have to press it and enjoy my music but noooo, I have to keep pressing play at least 5 times, so it's very distracting.

Also it just stops playing for no reason at all, and you have to start it again. And even worse is that it keep playing Bruno Mars's it will rain, even though I had banned that song 7 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I have a love tile

Is this some new type of tile I am unaware of!? Sounds interesting.
    jaded skies and willied like this.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    actually for HTC there is a Love app...but i know that's not what he is referring to.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by invertme View Post
    Is this some new type of tile I am unaware of!? Sounds interesting.
    LOL my computer died so I'm using my windows phone as a replacement, blame the autocorrect.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    i MSG the Official F1 site to to get a F1 app , and i basically got the same response..

but what seems to be happening is that these BIG names are waiting for WP8/W8

We are focused on making Pandora the best music-streaming service available, so we will definitely keep your input in mind as we continue to work on our site.
    maybe that means they are just waiting for WP8 to give it the best experience?
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

They could simply authorize one of the third party apps and be done with it. Like I said in my email to them there is no excuse. Dev time in something like this would be so minimal. It's got to be personal at this point. There is no business reason to not release a WP client.

I will miss Pandora but it's already been replaced. I just need to get used to Spotify and I will be all set. I just found some real good play lists and am rocking out at work again :)
    snowmutt and Mr_pither like this.

I must be the only one in the world who prefers last.fm. I tried Pandora on my android multiple time, but I just cant get into it, plus my last.fm profile is on the xbox also, but I hope u guys get the app, I know a lot of people feel like they cant switch to wp7 without it.

I dont think they are waiting for wp8, I think there is some behind the scenes things that went on and Pandora hates WP.

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts
    I think I heard somewhere it has to do with the fact that they can't place ads in the app where they'd like to. Might have been the wpcentral podcast.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Back in the day they were the little guy getting squeezed by the labels and on the edge of being fee-ed out of business.

Now they are the big guy stomping on the little 3rd party WP app guys. Guess they learned from the best how to be @$$holes...

Eff them :mad: - last.fm, iheartradio, etc, or etc FTW!
    at&t fired up LTE in my area only 1 year later than promised!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Slacker Radio is just awful. Not only is laggy, its downright dangerous. I almost had a car accident trying to get the dumb thing to work. I have a love tile on today's hits. I should only have to press it and enjoy my music but noooo, I have to keep pressing play at least 5 times, so it's very distracting.

Also it just stops playing for no reason at all, and you have to start it again. And even worse is that it keep playing Bruno Mars's it will rain, even though I had banned that song 7 times.

I do not have the same issues with slacker that you are, I have experienced the stop playing issue maybe a couple times but none of the other issues. Maybe you should try iHeartRadio or Last.Fm instead.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,344 Global Posts
    Slacker takes forever to start playing and stops after a few minutes quite often. I hate this because I've got some nice stations set up. When I get another WP I'm probably going to get a Zune pass.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    Slacker takes forever to start playing and stops after a few minutes quite often. I hate this because I've got some nice stations set up. When I get another WP I'm probably going to get a Zune pass.

hmm I don't get that issue and I'm on 2G 99% of the time I use it.

I think Slacker's interface could use some work. Also, pinning an artist station shows a plain tile that has the Slacker logo. It flips to show... the Slacker logo. How dumb. After using it for about twenty minutes, heard an ad. Deleted and never looked back. I will give them credit for letting you skip and pause from the volume controls.

Currently using iHeart and Zune Pass.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    hmm I don't get that issue and I'm on 2G 99% of the time I use it.
    Lots of times when I leave home it takes two to three minutes for it to start playing the station and frequently it stops playing fifteen minutes later. It's strange that some seem to have that issue and others don't.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Odd that no-one mentioned Rdio. They have a WP7 client.

Personally I'd pick Zune Pass over any of them at this time still if I only had a Windows Phone (and you aren't, like me, in the position of having multiple mobile OS's), but still - the options are improving.
    Zune Pass is expensive. I wouldn't pay more money for a music streaming service than I would for Netflix.
    havox22 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,319 Global Posts
    iheart radio >>>>>> pandora
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,344 Global Posts
    Iheart radio is pretty good. I finally uninstalled it and reinstalled to get it to work again, but I do like it better than slacker.

Global Posts
    4,276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyMaker View Post
    iheart radio >>>>>> pandora
    I totally agree. I was a Pandora user but I moved on to iHeart and other services, Spotify is excellent. For WP platform as a whole, I would like to see support from all develpoers it will only make WP that much more appealing to new users. Shame on Pandora for their lack of support but life goes on without them.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast