Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Can anybody educated tell me what's wrong in the Facebook integration in WP, its getting on my nerves and i feel like im missing out? I use it to read comments, look at a pic or a youtube clip, post some answers, post some photos. Now, what else are we expected to do on this thing? Im maybe not the most relevant guy since i refuse to have 4000 so called friends, and currently have 87 or something real friends and family. Is this why i cant see what's wrong with Facebook integrations, i have to few friends? When i bought my WP i bought a communication device, that was what MSFT left me feelin it was at least. Send and revive, voice and data, simple, easy to use, not all the fuzz with mezzy interfaces, that was what metro looked like to me, and it's going to be at a cost (feat), but a more pleasent experience therefore. If i need full experience, i do it from my PC, but for chatting and commenting, seems perfekt to me? Facebook chatt in WP feels superior to the original real deal (wich rocked for a week and then could'nt undock anymore and went from good to worse) Now you know how im thinking about it and if you all "haters" could enlighten me. Who knows what im missing out, maybe i should be mad/dissepointed/sad here?

I can only think of 2 things that annoys me, buggs and not being able to receive internal Facebook "mails". What else should I be mad at? Looks to me that even the annoying timeline is showing up.

Very happy for correction.
    Siah1214 likes this.
    Soooo what exactly is the problem?

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Sooooo... what exactly is bothering you about FB integration?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    That's what he is saying, he doesn't see anything wrong with the integrated Facebook. Some people have said that is lacks and is weak, he is asking what he is missing. Because he likes what he has.
    JR A likes this.

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    Soooo what exactly is the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sconrad308 View Post
    That's what he is saying, he doesn't see anything wrong with the integrated Facebook. Some people have said that is lacks and is weak, he is asking what he is missing. Because he likes what he has.

Reading comprehension... Not everyone's is the same ;)

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Oooooooooooooooooooooh... hahaha I thought he/she was complaining about FB integration...

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Two things that come to mind:

I can't like individual comments.

I can't see who has liked a comment or a status.
    Curtieson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    Two things that come to mind:

I can't like individual comments.

I can't see who has liked a comment or a status.
    I use the "Me" tile and that tells at least different "likes". But no way to like individual posts.

sorry,i have no idea .

I too like the way the FB integration is. Probably because I rarely put a "like" on individual comments and "like" or comment on individual threads and pics in general. Don't worry, I'm sure there will be some integration improvements sooner or later.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I gave up on using the People Hub. Too many of my friend's posts don't show up, due to their FB settings. I'm not about to tell a couple hundred people to change their settings for me. I just use IE most times. I do post from the Me Hub though.

I gave up on using the People Hub. Too many of my friend's posts don't show up, due to their FB settings. I'm not about to tell a couple hundred people to change their settings for me. I just use IE most times. I do post from the Me Hub though.
    What setting they need to activate?

I can see posts just fine, whatever I see on the desktop I'll be able to see in the hub too, except posts which don't show up (changing of profile pictures etc.).
    where have you been? That's fixed now.
    Thanked by:
    JR A likes this.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, privacy settings is the other thing. If I'm posting a status from the Me hub, I can't choose from those custom lists Facebook lets you make.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    where have you been? That's fixed now.
    Woah! Just checked, and it definitely has been fixed. That's what I get for taking a break from these forums. I've ignored the People Hub for so long, I hadn't bothered to check till now. Thanks :)
    JR A likes this.

Global Posts
    2,355 Global Posts
    Woah! Just checked, and it definitely has been fixed. That's what I get for taking a break from these forums. I've ignored the People Hub for so long, I hadn't bothered to check till now. Thanks :)
    That'll learn ya! :D

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I feel the same way about the facebook integration and I would even add twitter to it.

Now if we could get google chat into that ME hub I would be in heaven.

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    I think they are complaining because it doesn't work for them. In general, it gets the job done, no other os has it, and it frees up memory for not having to download a third party Facebook app

sent from the MyTouch 4G
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

I love the way FB is integrated as well. I have just under 200 FB friends (all people I know in real life), so it's a great way to 'get a quick update'.

One thing that bugs me though... in the People Hub, you can choose to see updates from all your social networks, or just one. Right now I have it set to Fb only, but I'd love to have a check box that allows me to see everything but Twitter.

I follow a lot of people on Twitter and it just floods the "What's New" section.

EDIT: I've been on Facebook since the early days, but my usage/interaction dropped way down about 2 years ago, until I got my first Windows Phone. Now I'm much more engaged (mainly via integration), just because I'm seeing the most relevant stuff, and it's right there. Never thought I'd be going back to Fb, but the phone made me do it. :)
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Yes that's one of the biggest "selling points" of Windows. It's more convenient and easier to be social. If you're not a big Facebook/Twitter person, you may not find a lot to love lol
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Interesting to see this thread go on. Comparing to posts in news and here there is a huge difference. I thought I was going to get people in lines telling me how bad it is. But here, people seems to be okay with it.
    Strange that so many hard comments about FB is out there, almost makes you wonder if its ignorance, or negative perspectives against Windows that's spawning them. Or maybe its like in the Spartacus TV series on the news posting, an arena to show how... well, I don't know and should not try to guess.

So far on missing points:
    - Can't like individual posts
    - No internal "mail" service

So far on negative points:

Both of those negatives can't be done in the official app either, or are implemented poorly
    Check in multiple people!!!

Bugs me...I want to use the ME tile to track the locations on Scrapebook, but I have to check myself in, go to Facebook.com and then tag in my wife. Just annoying...

1) Needs checkin tagging
    2) Can't like individual posts
    3) Be able to send facebook messages to people regardless of whether they are ON facebook at the time. My wife has an iphone and has the facebook messenger app. Unfortunately, wp7s built in facebook messaging won't allow me to send her a message unless she is already online. If I could just send an offline message, she'd get a notification from her app, and we wouldn't need a text plan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast