- 04-02-2012, 03:12 AM #1
As we all know, there were many things left out of the wp7 OS upon release. Mango was a big upgrade but there are still gaping holes... Which led me to search for apps (work-arounds), to complete some incomplete functionality:
1. Rap Dialer- adds universal search, pulls up the phone dialer instead of call history, has a plethora of customization (3 different dial pads, sound options, text messaging options, you can even choose what the icon on the tile looks like and what it says, plus more options. This has replaced the stock dialer indefinitely.
2. Photo Search Free- stand alone bing images search app. Adds the ability to actually save images to your phone!
3. Add To Contacts- replaces local scout. Does the same thing except it allows you to save phone numbers and contact information from your search results, and adds them to the contact list.
4. BHive Tasks- allows you to easily view the month and what you have planned. There are also folders that you can create and name to organize and prioritize events, among other options the stock calendar doesn't have.
5. Cool Tools- all-in-one app that adds some "basics" that was left out of wp7 like stopwatch, converter, tip calc., countdown, sound check, ruler, ECT..
Honorable mention: 3 excellent apps that add options and functionality to where the camera lacks-
6. Photo Crop
7. Pictures Lab
8. Self Shooter
these apps are essentially some missing pieces of wp7. Anyone new here should put these on your phone for some needed functionality.
Last edited by jdd77; 04-02-2012 at 01:44 PM.
- 04-02-2012, 07:10 AM #33. Add To Contacts- replaces local scout. Does the same thing except it allows you to save phone numbers and contact information from your search results, and adds them to the contact list."Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM #5
- 04-03-2012, 01:54 AM #9
Last edited by HeyCori; 04-03-2012 at 02:14 AM."Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 04-03-2012, 08:55 AM #10
- 04-03-2012, 09:01 AM #11"Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM #20
1- I think people would rather it goto call history instead of the dialer, when I had my TP I would always collapse the dial pad and use the call history to call my frequently called people.
2- don't think I'd want to save those to my phone,the way it currently works is fine for me.
3-can easily add these to favorites and call from there and pin local scout to start screen for faster access,there's also call history.
4-agenda view does all of this in the standard calendar. What exactly is missing? I can view multiple calendars,respond to Facebook events all within the OS itself.
5-these are left out of other OSes too.
04-03-2012, 05:37 PM #21
- 390 Posts
Also, Angry Birds Space.
The situation isn't as bad as some make it out to be, but pretending that there's no discrepancy between WP app selection and iOS app selection doesn't help anyone.
- 04-03-2012, 06:12 PM #22
eric- This setup works well for me and I thought I'd share it for anyone else who would like more functionality.
just curious- why wouldn't you want to search a number from the dial pad..or save an image to your phone..or save an important or frequently called number to your contacts..or be able to see your tasks in an easily readable month view?
Last edited by jdd77; 04-03-2012 at 06:38 PM.
- 04-03-2012, 07:15 PM #24
I use Apict at the moment which does a decent job, as does Fotoroom, but a bunch of people I know use Instagram and it would be nice to have that integrated social photography experience with them. Given that there were rumours of the app hitting WP before Android, I can't help but think that it is in the pipeline.