Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eric12341

I have a HTC Titan and new SMS messages are suddenly disappearing. When I receive a new message it appears in the notification bar at the top of the screen, but is not saved in the messages thread. SMS messages I send are also not appearing in the messages thread although they are being received. Can anyone help, is there a message limit in WP7?
    There are no message limits in WP, on my arrive before I gave up on it because of the slow sprint speeds I had 6 months worth of messages on it. And I send/receive between 2000-3500 messages a month so that's at least 12000 messages. This is not including the Facebook messages of course. Try restarting the device or something.
    jimmy1one likes this.

I am having this problem as well. Ever since I updated my phone I have had problems with my email accounts synchronising and my SMS messages not not appear in the messaging tab.

Did you find a way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by whataguywants View Post
    I have a HTC Titan and new SMS messages are suddenly disappearing. When I receive a new message it appears in the notification bar at the top of the screen, but is not saved in the messages thread. SMS messages I send are also not appearing in the messages thread although they are being received. Can anyone help, is there a message limit in WP7?

this is sooooo annoying, i have the same problem. I've restarted my phone countless times but it seems the text msgs keep on disappearing. It's since a week like this. Does anyone know a solution for this?

Are you all (with the problem) using Titans?

I'm using Nokia Lumia, have the phone since a few months. I also ain't able to update any nokia-apps. Do you have a solution? Can only see the messages come in at the top bar, and when I click on it, the message doesn't appear. And sometimes a message appears a few days later, and some don't even appear anymore :(

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts
    Are you sure these aren't any IM messages from another app?

Kept on text messaging myself with other phones, with all of them the same problem, saw a notification in the bar above, and however I went to my text-inbox, they did not appear. It's so weird, didn't do anything different with my phone and for some reason this happens =(

I'm using an HTC and this problem has just happened after upgrading to 7.5

I managed to fix this problem... After the upgrade to 7.5 I noticed that the Date/Time had reset back to 2011 (i.e. I also had automatic time sync'ing turned off). Setting the Date/time to the current Date/Time fix the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by waihibeachian View Post
    I managed to fix this problem... After the upgrade to 7.5 I noticed that the Date/Time had reset back to 2011 (i.e. I also had automatic time sync'ing turned off). Setting the Date/time to the current Date/Time fix the problem...
    Fantastic- thank you! Well found.

Turns out I had removed my battery for a few minutes getting some sand out... the time was reset.

Automatic time updating has never worked for me so I have to do it manually anyway.

Cheers.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I have to lol at this because this actually happened to me as well. It was one time I synchronized with the media center pc and all of a sudden my feeds were like posted "recently" and people hub wasnt able to get some new feeds, and when I looked at my date it was set back to 2011

Well...I'm glad YOU guys got this fixed but my time/date is 100% correct and my messages still aren't appearing. This happened totally at random. When I get a text, it shows up in the notification bar and if I get to it in time, I can see the entire thread. But if I go to the messaging "hub", there are ZERO threads visible. If I go to the People hub and tap Text/SMS, it opens up the historical thread with that person. But if I can't see what JUST CAME IN when I don't get there in time (which is every time), I have no reference point to see who is messaging me.

Any further ideas?
    My lumia 920 has had the same problem, several times.
    Setting the correct time/date settings manually doesn't work
    And automatic time/date settings has never worked for me.

Getting really tired of factory resetting my phone just to get messages...

nobody has any solutions?

third party sms app?