Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By based_graham

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I work for at&t at a corporate store and the company started a heavy "seeding" initiative for the 900. They are basically requiring all of us to use for our company phones. I of course am elated, but the rest of employees couldn't be more beside themselves. You'd think they were being told they had to use flip phones. Everyone here has bad opinions of WP7. They all use iPhones and will tolerate Android phones. I have tried talking about the benefits of WP7, but they are completely uninterested. I am hoping they find some good stuff they like about it, cause I have a feeling if the 900 doesn't catch with the reps there won't be much hope for the phone being successful.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    That's awesome. You are a lucky man, could you take some pics of it or something (if allowed). Any ideas on release date?

This brings warmth to my heart.

Global Posts
    1,554 Global Posts
    Horrible idea. Best way to create contempt? Force them to use phones without their beloved words with friends, without the brand new angry birds in space, without their facetime.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Yeah, you're right, but hopefully the majority will find things to be simplar and more visually appealing. Hey why isn't angry birds in space on WP7.5? Or words with friends for that matter

Global Posts
    1,554 Global Posts
    Not to mention instagram. Every iPhone user I know uses that to share photos.

Not everybody plays words with friends, draw something, angry birds space etc that's for kids. Lumia 900 should be more for the mature users who want offline GPS, office suites, e-mail and great communication features.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    No, the Lumia 900 should be for everyone, or it will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by RiseAgainst94 View Post
    No, the Lumia 900 should be for everyone, or it will fail.
    It doesn't have to be it will do fine even if its catered to a specific group of people. Obviously more people the better.

IMO its more suited to the older mature adults age 25+ who don't play games and want the phone for phone purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by XtianAstro View Post
    I work for at&t at a corporate store and the company started a heavy "seeding" initiative for the 900. They are basically requiring all of us to use for our company phones. I of course am elated, but the rest of employees couldn't be more beside themselves. You'd think they were being told they had to use flip phones. Everyone here has bad opinions of WP7. They all use iPhones and will tolerate Android phones. I have tried talking about the benefits of WP7, but they are completely uninterested. I am hoping they find some good stuff they like about it, cause I have a feeling if the 900 doesn't catch with the reps there won't be much hope for the phone being successful.
    How old are your reps

I don't know, but I don't know if forcing the 900 on the reps will be helpful. It could turn the wrong way and use it to bad mouth it.

Posted from my Samsung Focus Windows Phone.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    this is GOOD! store resps should ALWAYS change phones and SHOULD be force to try ALL the phones. that way we wouldn't have so many UNINFORMED ignorant store reps.

when I was a store rep , i used a new phone EVERY month. I never liked and use Blackbery but one day i walked into the store and my Manager FORCED me to put it on my DEMO line for 1 week so i could learn to use it more.

I was really mad!! but you know what? i can honestly say I NOW know every thing I need to know about BB and I can now talk about it to all my clients with out stumbling.

id say 90% of store reps in the world only really know ONE phone .. and its the one they use. and honestly I don't know how half these reps even make Commission

how do you sale products you know nothing about? and ok no one wants it , but what if some one does want it? do you tell him him to bad i wont sale it to you cause i know nothing about it and i ASSUME it sucks?

Honestly Dude! LET your reps be idiots .. your gona get all the WP COMMISSION!! :D:D: better for you!!!!! hahaha $$$$$$$$$$$$

*Face Palm*
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Quote Originally Posted by XboxOmac View Post
    I don't know, but I don't know if forcing the 900 on the reps will be helpful. It could turn the wrong way and use it to bad mouth it.

Posted from my Samsung Focus Windows Phone.
    I think its a good idea for the reps to get familiar with the phone. If its a bunch of young reps maybe because of all their fancy dancy games but whatever free phone for them.

Also representatives should represent the brand why would AT&T sell a sh*t phone. They need to figure out the strengths and weaknesses and sell ppl based on that.

You cant be like oh WP is garbage because it doesn't have WWF or Draw Something cause that's just stupid.
    jbjtkbw00#AC likes this.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by based_graham View Post
    It doesn't have to be it will do fine even if its catered to a specific group of people. Obviously more people the better.

IMO its more suited to the older mature adults age 25+ who don't play games and want the phone for phone purposes.
    I definitely do see your point, the design oozes sophistication and maturity, but I think Nokia should still cater to as many people as possible. Fail is a harsh word, I just want Nokia to keep growing and for their products and Windows 7.5 to reach as many people as possible.

Global Posts
    1,554 Global Posts
    I definitely think the reps should have hands on time with different devices, I'm just not sure forcing them to use any device is the correct way to do it.
    As to the other comments in this thread re: device aim, who plays games on their phones, etc, I'll pass on that absurd argument.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    21-60 something, the majority are in their mid to late 20s

What's the general feedback looking at right now?

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Did they give you a release date?