Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just bought a Samsung Focus i917 and updated it successfully to Windows Phone 7.5. However I cannot see the music search icon in Bing search. A friend of mine got an LG Quantum and updated the same time as me, but this icon shows in his handset. This has nothing to do with the region I am, is it? We're both in Malawi, Southern Africa. How can I get this function on my phone, because I prefer this to the 3rd party Shazam or SoundHound.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I believe you'll need to set your region to United States. That's what I had to do in order to get it to work in Canada.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trickym81 View Post
    I believe you'll need to set your region to United States. That's what I had to do in order to get it to work in Canada.
    it works in canada now.

its probably cause your not in a currently supported country. but you can change your country settings to a supported one.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    The region is set to United States but it doesn't seem to help. Now the Scout icon has gone, not that I worry because it didn't work here anyway

Is the region/country on your primary Windows Live account set to United States? I think that is where the phone actually picks up the country for marketplace, search, zune, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by percistratus View Post
    The region is set to United States but it doesn't seem to help. Now the Scout icon has gone, not that I worry because it didn't work here anyway

At least in Germany(with a German live ID), the region affects the search functions, not the origin of the Live ID.
    If I set it to US, I get Local Scout.

What about the origin of your Live ID?

Posted from my Samsung Focus Windows Phone.