Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By selfcreation
  • 1 Post By the_fly68
  • 1 Post By btbam91
  • 1 Post By canesfan625
  • 1 Post By canesfan625
  • 1 Post By aubreyq

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Wow, just read an interesting new

Microsoft reps claiming Windows Phone 8 definitely coming to second gen handsets, probably to first gen | WMPoweruser

Perhaps all devices will get the Apollo update. What do you think??
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be surprise
    I would have been if they dint.

but again keep putting these news under RUMOR
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    According to a guy (wich name i can't remember but idg said that he was close to MS). Sad that about three weeks ago on twitter.. tobad i can't remember his name but not a suprise for me..
    Audio update is out (unofficially but still) so just now wondering if Telia wants to join the carrier race or if i should change to 3 or tele2..
    It's what I've known and had been saying this whole time. Why wouldn't they be updated especially since there's pretty much no difference between Gen 1 and 1.5 devices.

I think the fact that Microsoft hasn't officially come out and say that Apollo is upgradable for the current Windows Phones make ppl worry (including me). They know ppl are worried about it which could potentially affect the current sales and yet they choose to remain quiet..there must be a reason for that..

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmprince View Post
    I think the fact that Microsoft hasn't officially come out and say that Apollo is upgradable for the current Windows Phones make ppl worry (including me). They know ppl are worried about it which could potentially affect the current sales and yet they choose to remain quiet..there must be a reason for that..
    And I just hope and pray that reason will be a joyous reason for all of us. I personally know people who are just reluctant and delaying to get windows phone coz of the fear of not getting Apollo. They'll rather wait to get a good and confirmed news before purchasing and this delay can affect Microsoft sales. Haven't they realized that enough to come out with something??
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    the only reason i can see: is that MS them self are not 100% sure yet that all phones will be able to upgrade! ?!
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!

aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    By the time apollo comes out i'll be probably be due for an upgrade anyway, but the thing that worries me is that even if my mozart will be upgraded, will my carrier bother to do it.

It now seems clear that MS are not controlling the update process, and i'm still waiting for th 8107 update. Whether the networks can be bothered to support WP7 or 8 is the big problem.

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    I think that support for windows phone 8 and windows 8 will not be a problem, since the two will be much more connected.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be surprise.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    All I want is a new phone (900) WITHOUT the disappearing keyboard. Its driving me nuts. AT&T sucks!

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpga View Post
    By the time apollo comes out i'll be probably be due for an upgrade anyway, but the thing that worries me is that even if my mozart will be upgraded, will my carrier bother to do it.

It now seems clear that MS are not controlling the update process, and i'm still waiting for th 8107 update. Whether the networks can be bothered to support WP7 or 8 is the big problem.

MS IS in Control of the update process: NO-DO - mango - tango - Apollo

any minor OEM or RTM bug fix that is not related to the MS/WP OS directly is out of ms's control

like the 8107 update is a RTM/OEM bu fix update , its not a MS update.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzibit View Post
    Wow, just read an interesting new

Microsoft reps claiming Windows Phone 8 definitely coming to second gen handsets, probably to first gen | WMPoweruser

Perhaps all devices will get the Apollo update. What do you think??
    There is NOTHING OFFICIAL in that link. It's more like "a friend of a friend told me" kind of thing. To be official, it has to come from Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    ...like the 8107 update is a RTM/OEM bu fix update , its not a MS update.
    Um...what? The 8107 IS a Microsoft update, dude:

New maintenance release for Windows Phone
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    There is NOTHING OFFICIAL in that link. It's more like "a friend of a friend told me" kind of thing. To be official, it has to come from Microsoft.

Um...what? The 8107 IS a Microsoft update, dude:

New maintenance release for Windows Phone
    yeah BUT!

Quote from the update article:

The update, available to all carriers that request it, is part of our ongoing maintenance of Windows Phone. For more details on what’s included, check out Update History on the Windows Phone website.
    its not a FORCE update like NO-DO-mang0-tango..etc.. MS made the update but its 100% up to the carrier to release it!

so again its OUT of MS's control!!!! but it will probably go into TANGO for does that dint get it. ( like they did with the last updates )

MS IS in Control of the update process: NO-DO - mango - tango - Apollo

any minor OEM or RTM bug fix that is not related to the MS/WP OS directly is out of ms's control

like the 8107 update is a RTM/OEM bu fix update , its not a MS update.

I seem to remember waiting forever to receive the NoDo update from AT&T, so I'm not sure MS was really in control back then.

The Mango update came fairly quickly though.
    aubreyq likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fly68 View Post
    I seem to remember waiting forever to receive the NoDo update from AT&T, so I'm not sure MS was really in control back then.

The Mango update came fairly quickly though.

that's because the update is regulated by the Carrier with Queues,

they don't release the update to ALL device at once to prevent server overloads ( like what happened on Iphone with IOS5 ) so they roll it out to a selected amount of people.

you can use the FORCE update method to get around it and get your update faster.

as for the 8107 , if your carrier dint roll it out , then you wont get it ( unless they put it in TANGO witch I think they will )

I want my 8107 now!
    selfcreation likes this.

That would be awesome if it came to the 1st gen devices. I'm not ready to upgrade to the 2nd gen devices yet.
    Zune and Gamertag -GreeneGiant007
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    I want my 8107 now!
    goto XDA and get it using the cab sender method.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmprince View Post
    Yeah, there is a reason. It's an unannounced product. Microsoft does not speak to them. Joe wouldn't even say the word "tango" not long ago.
    aubreyq likes this.

yeah BUT!

its not a FORCE update like NO-DO-mang0-tango..etc.. MS made the update but its 100% up to the carrier to release it!

so again its OUT of MS's control!!!! but it will probably go into TANGO for does that dint get it. ( like they did with the last updates )
    MS isn't out of control. Carriers are contractually obligated to release major updates. Minor ones are released as the carrier requests (because not all devices will need every minor update)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Canesfan625 View Post
    MS isn't out of control. Carriers are contractually obligated to release major updates. Minor ones are released as the carrier requests (because not all devices will need every minor update)
    LOL!!

im not saying MS is out of control (even doh they might be a little , lol )

, im saying its out of their control if carriers don't release it!!

they give it to the carrier and THEY (the carrier) decides if they need it/roll it out. ( like i said in my other post this is only for minor updates , major updates are forced to be released.(like you said) ) and that's why normally MS adds the minor updates ( like 8107) to the major one( like tango). because ALL phones get the major update.

I think we understand each other. :)
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 03-12-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    AT&T will probably block it though...
    at&t fired up LTE in my area only 1 year later than promised!

LOL!!

im not saying MS is out of control (even doh they might be a little , lol )

, im saying its out of their control if carriers don't release it!!

they give it to the carrier and THEY (the carrier) decides if they need it/roll it out. ( like i said in my other post this is only for minor updates , major updates are forced to be released.(like you said) ) and that's why normally MS adds the minor updates ( like 8107) to the major one( like tango). because ALL phones get the major update.

I think we understand each other. :)
    haha okay, i got you now. Minor updates will always be pushed as needed I just wouldnt expect to see carriers push it to devices that dont need it just to feed peoples need for numbers and obsessive updating.
    selfcreation likes this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    yeah BUT!

My point was simply that 8107 is an OS update created by Microsoft (your words: "...like the 8107 update is a RTM/OEM bu fix update , its not a MS update").

I know it's up to the carriers to schedule the update on their devices. Sure sucks, though. Oh, well.
    selfcreation likes this.