Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By btbam91

Hello all,

I am loving my new Windows Phone (HTC Trophy, Verizon).

However, when I visit the Twitter and Facebook mobile sites, they are not of the standards found on the iPhone's browser. Is there an answer for this? Are they in HTML 5 and it isn't supported yet?

It's perplexing me.. sometimes I like the speed and use of mobile sites better than the app counterpart.

Thanks!

Go to

IPhone.facebook.com
    Thanked by:
    Ivan006 likes this.

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    Go to

IPhone.facebook.com
    WOW....never knew this. Stuff on apple iphone are too cool. But why is WP's FB websitre soo poor?
    Because ignorant web devs are programming their websites in webkit and not the basic html5 standard that's compatible with all browsers.
  5. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzibit View Post
    WOW....never knew this. Stuff on apple iphone are too cool. But why is WP's FB websitre soo poor?
    because it's not WP's website and is nothing to do with WP. You were just on the regular facebook mobile site....it has nothing to do with WP

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    iphone.facebook.com isn't apple's website either and has nothing to do with the iPhone.

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmanzo View Post
    iphone.facebook.com isn't apple's website either and has nothing to do with the iPhone.
    But if you don't include the iphone in the web address and go straight to www.facebook.com you will get a nasty look page of facebook. But if you include the iphone in the address you get just what the iphone facebook app brings just that this is on a page. I think it has something to do with apple.

Sent from my HTC HD7 Windows Phone using Board Express.
  8. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmanzo View Post
    yeah that's true...but WP doesn't have a facebook mobile site specific to it..

kenzibit said "But why is WP's FB websitre soo poor?"

WP doesn't HAVE a facebook website

I was saying it doesn't have one. I never said the iphone version was apple's website though.

Facebook just doesn't recognize the mobile IE9 to redirect you. They'll probably update it in like a year or so just like every other website does. It takes forever because they don't care about that small marketshare.

IPhone.facebook.com

Wait so that's why touch.facebook.com isn't working anymore? Because they changed it to iphone.facebook.com? That's such BS. -.-

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    But what about the terrible looking twitter mobile site?
    Quote Originally Posted by beckett1 View Post
    But what about the terrible looking twitter mobile site?
    same thing,what I said above. Just use an app, the built in integration,or the full site,all work great.
  14. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    same thing,what I said above. Just use an app, the built in integration,or the full site,all work great.
    i always get a rate limit exceeded error on the twitter app or twitter mobile site
    Quote Originally Posted by mkr10001 View Post
    i always get a rate limit exceeded error on the twitter app or twitter mobile site
    I only get that on the official twitter app. Nowhere else though, try one of the dozen Twitter apps.

I recommend Mehdoh as a Twitter app, it's awesome.

Mehdoh - Twitter client for Windows Phone 7.5

carbon is the best twitter app imo worth the cost.... but i just used touch.facebook.com yesterday
  18. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    I only get that on the official twitter app. Nowhere else though, try one of the dozen Twitter apps.
    Yeah I've tried a couple. I liked seesmic but didn't like the red text. pentile display and all that....makes the pixels visible when it's red. I'll find one though... lol