Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Has anyone in the UK seen the 8107 update yet? Still waiting for it on orange, as well as the fabled fix for music player crashing on HTC phones

i've had the update since january i think, feels like ages to be honest. i'm with vodafone.

what i would say my phone reboots itself a lot more than it ever did before since i updated. actually considering rolling back.

Yep, I've had the update from Vodafone for a long time too. Fixed the keyboard and the music player problems.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    hmm. looks like i'll be leaving orange at the end of my contract then

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    and HTC

Yeah, got it around January on O2.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Still 7740 on T-Mobile - Not that bothered about this update me wants the latest Nokia firmware... Well only if it actually fixes my battery life issues.

I guess the only thing in 8107 would be the keyboard focus issue but It rarely bothers me... Well it bothers me less than a Battery saver kicking in after 12 hours of no real use.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    well i do have the keyboard problem quite regularly and the music player won't go past track 4 unless you keep the phone unlocked. Nothing on t-mobile too eh. Looks like everything everywhere are are going to give us nothing nowhere.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Got the 8107 update here also. I'm on Three.

I was originally annoyed at the idea of update releases being down to the carrier but, if there is a positive to be gained from the situation, it does at least show which carriers appear to be committed to WP7 and - to a wider extent - how much of a priority they give to supporting devices on their network with the latest updates.

I was thinking of moving from Three once my contract is up, but I think I'll stay with them - so long as I can get the phone I want - as their update process seems to be pretty quick.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    It's very telling that Orange (inc. T-Mobile as Everything Everywhere) are the last network to roll out the update.

Many are saying that this just fixes the keyboard bug but there are security and privacy fixes too - surely these are of significant importance to users even if they're not too bothered about the update themselves (with all due respect, why should they be? It's not asbout new features so interest will be low). It's up to Microsoft to ensure the OS is secure, which they've done, and the networks to ensure the security of their customers by deploying Microsoft's update.

All networks appear to have done this with the exception of Orange.

Couple that with ignoring my CS requests and their 3G network seemingly broken in my area and I really can't stick with them. Come June, I'm out. Question is, which network? And will they have the Nokia 900 ;)

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    well i've asked @orangehelpers for an update, letting them know everyone else has sent it out. awaiting a reply...

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpga View Post
    well i've asked @orangehelpers for an update, letting them know everyone else has sent it out. awaiting a reply...
    I did the same, and then moved to tweeting @orangeUK directly on account I only ever got the auto-responder saying "We're looking in to it for you - HAL 9000". They haven't responded yet. Been with Orange for years and really don't like getting on their backs but this is beyond a joke. My concern is that they treat WP like Android and we never get updates.

Also, AFAIK no UK network has enabled visual voicemail for WP or Android yet. I'm sure throwing in the API's can't take that long.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by idlelimey View Post
    I did the same, and then moved to tweeting @orangeUK directly on account I only ever got the auto-responder saying "We're looking in to it for you - HAL 9000". They haven't responded yet. Been with Orange for years and really don't like getting on their backs but this is beyond a joke. My concern is that they treat WP like Android and we never get updates.

Also, AFAIK no UK network has enabled visual voicemail for WP or Android yet. I'm sure throwing in the API's can't take that long.
    Same here. The only i answer i get is 'working on it, no information other than that'. They havent replied to my tweet, but seem pretty busy with other broken bits of their network. The Your Orange app has been broken for weeks. Expensive and useless. I will be leaving them asap, unfortunately thats no till november unless i win the lottery :)

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Matt Adams‏@MattPGA
    @OrangeHelpers any news yet on when we can expect the wp7 8107 update? Voda and O2 sent it out in january!
    Orange Helpers UK‏@OrangeHelpers
    @MattPGA Hi Matt, we do not know when it will be coming out on Orange. It will be currently with the software developers undergoing tests.

8 Mar 12via Customer Services Details

Well its not really surprising seeing as they can't even get their own website to work properly. Your orange app has been broken for weeks too

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpga View Post
    ...unless i win the lottery :)
    If you do win the lottery, don't forget that I lent you loads of money ages ago.

;)
    mattpga likes this.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by idlelimey View Post
    Couple that with ignoring my CS requests and their 3G network seemingly broken in my area and I really can't stick with them. Come June, I'm out. Question is, which network? And will they have the Nokia 900 ;)
    Given that T-Mobile have always been completely useless at releasing WP7 updates (I'm still on 7740 with my Omnia 7) I will be getting rid of them when my contract ends. At the moment I'm thinking of going with giffgaff. Tenner a month for unlimited texts and data. Some number of minutes as well, but who actually uses their phone to talk these days?

Problem with that plan is the upfront cost of the phone, so I may be looking for a less flash phone, but so be it. Even the Lumia 710 seems good, and it's only 150.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just got 8107 today on my Lumia 800 on T-Mobile.
    It should be available now.
    And yes, T-Mobile suck with updates, even when I asked in store, the sales people told me to use the Ovi suite and update from there.
    Soup R' Crackers is the fastest growing non-poultry, non-coffee franchise in all of Southern California!

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IBneel View Post
    And yes, T-Mobile suck with updates, even when I asked in store, the sales people told me to use the Ovi suite and update from there.
    lucky you. still not available on orange.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IBneel View Post
    Nothing yet on my T-Mobile Omnia 7.

"Your software is up to date"... Zune lies!

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    still waiting.....

I'm still on 7740 on my Omnia 7 - T-Mobile, I occasionaly get the keyboard bug and the phone crash while playing music but not often enough to be an annoyance. However it is annoying that a fix is out there and not knowing when it will be out. MS is quick to talk about Android fragmentation but need to put their own house in order first.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm187 View Post
    I'm still on 7740 on my Omnia 7 - T-Mobile, I occasionaly get the keyboard bug and the phone crash while playing music but not often enough to be an annoyance. However it is annoying that a fix is out there and not knowing when it will be out. MS is quick to talk about Android fragmentation but need to put their own house in order first.
    i think the musicplayer crash is more specific to HTC phones, and is currently every 4 tracks for me, and needs a battery pull.

The problem is getting on my nerves now. Enough of this disappearing keyboard nonsense. Tango better come soon, as expected...

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olivermills6 View Post
    The problem is getting on my nerves now. Enough of this disappearing keyboard nonsense. Tango better come soon, as expected...
    Orange just phoned me in response to my snotty email, then they put me through to a handset guy, who was clueless, then on th HTC who were clueless. Just a waste of battery. nobody seemed to know anything about an update. shame i have to wait till november to get rid of orange and htc.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    orange still have no information, the your orange app is still broken. I think any UK customers who want a network that will support WP7 know who to steer clear of now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast