Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By E_man#CB

Hi all,

I have a question. If I'm using my own domain with Google Apps for email, contacts and calendar, can I create a normal Google mail account on my Mango phone (Lumia 800), and just instead of entering an email address like "xyz@gmail.com", I enter "xyz@mydomain.com"?

Can anyone confirm if this works?

Thanks in advance!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts

hmm i know for a fact you can set up your own domain name with Live or Hotmail

but im not sure about the Google account. if you already have your custom domain.

try going in :

e-mails --> ... (3 dots) --> Add email account --> Google

well, will you look at that , Google e-mail wasn't an option before. LOL sweet! haha
    if not you have *other account* and Advance setup for any e-mail.

the problem you might have is, that you have to PROVE that your domain name is yours, not sure it applys to your Google accounts but if it does it might cause an issue.

discovering new things every day!
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 02-29-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yep. I use a google apps account with my own domain. I logged in with a gmail account like I would if I went to mail.google.com. It synced my contacts, calendar, and syncs email.
    Thanked by:
    jfa1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by E_man5112 View Post
    Yep. I use a google apps account with my own domain. I logged in with a gmail account like I would if I went to mail.google.com. It synced my contacts, calendar, and syncs email.
    This is brilliant. Now I just have to figure out how to stop using my providers mail services and use Google Apps....